12 🐳

While Namjoon was attending an important phone call, Jin was attending the sweet little children at the daycare, by feeding them healthy snacks. Most daycares would often give out salty treats like chips or crackers with apple juice for the kids, but not this one.

This daycare center provides nutritional, yet yummy snacks for the children. Even Jin enjoys them, as the kids sometimes end up feeling him, just by staring at his baby face. They even get him confused for one of the kids, because of how young he looks.

And in reality, Jin doesn't feel like an adult just yet. He feels far away from adulthood, as he thinks that he's missing something in his life to mature.

Though he might not understand or even have the slightest idea of what that thing could be, he still feels lost. And to keep himself so young, he acts young.

Maybe a little too young, sometimes...

"Jin! Where are you! The kids are heading outside to the mini playground, now!" A caregiver found Jin stuck inside of a colorful ball pit, struggling to break free from it as his own laughter wouldn't let him.

"Jinnie is funnyyyy!!" Every child around Jin was jumping on him, as the young adult had tears in his eyes from laughing so hard, feeling his happiness start to return to him after what he had been through yesterday.

"Alright, kids! Hands up for those who want to go play outside." 1 to 2 kids raised their arms up with excitement, running out immediately.

Meanwhile... "Who wants to stay here with Jin to play with him. Raise your hands now!" The other male caregiver was surprised by the reaction every child had.

4 to 6 little children had decided to stay with Jin, instead of going outside to play with the playground set.

Jin and his friend were both surprised. "Haha, fine! Jinnie wins. Go on! Tell him to read you a story!" The kids were all aligned, sitting all around the adult boy, who was holding a book in his hands.

Jin smiled, leaving the kids with a little smile on their faces as well, while they listened carefully to everything he had to say.

"Story time, my angels! This book is called... It's called..."

~Silence~

Jin's eyes stopped sparkling the moment they landed on a tall figure who was standing right beside the door. He didn't want to alarm the kids, so he told them to go to their tree house, which was within the same daycare.

It used to be an empty room, but the wonderful children used their creativity and built their very own tree house with the help of the caregivers, who were more than delighted.

Now, the kids had disappeared into the spacious, separate playroom, leaving Jin with the masculine looking shadow that had now stepped forward towards him.

"H- hello, sir. Thank you for... Rescuing me the other day." The older adult grabbed ahold of Jin's hand, startling the boy, as he was tempted to release his arm from him, but in that
moment, he couldn't even move.

"It's healed." Was all that the mysterious man said with a strange, distorted voice, staring down at Jin's body the whole time, not making eye contact with the boy.

"W-what? I'm sorry, could you please, repeat that?" Jin grew intimidated by the adult, feeling his legs were starting to wobble, uncontrollably.

And with that, the masked man turned around and disappeared once more, leaving the boy with a tense stomach, and a slight frown of confusion on his face.

Jin held his chest, exhaling after unknowingly holding in his breath, the entire time that guy was in his presence. He rubbed his eyes, squinting softly, making sure that the guy had left.

And after he was gone, the boy crossed his legs, and held the colorful book in his arms once again in his unsteady hands, calling out to the kids.

"It's okay, angels. You can come out now, he's gone..." He spoke with less enthusiasm than his regular, joyful self. Especially towards the children who he cherished the most.

The kids gathered around Jin, staring up at him to reach their little grabby hands, yearning for his attention.

"JinJin, who were t-that man?" A confused little boy asked.

"Was, Dohyunie. Was... And that man was just a stranger, my little butterfly." Jin reassured the kids that everything was fine. But Dohyun still had his doubts.

"You're lying! You asked me yesterday if that man was my Appa, JinJin! That man not my A-" Dohyun and the rest of the kids went silent when Jin suddenly excused himself and left the room.

Before leaving, Jin gently rubbed Dohyun's head to reassure him that he was okay. Or at least, to fool the young child into thinking that he was.

Jin told his friend that he would be taking a quick lunch break in his car, and his friend took over for awhile, taking care of the kids.

~~~

The young man stepped foot out into the parking lot, feeling his own heart beating roughly against his aching chest, the heavier it sank.

By the time he made it to his car, Jin thought everything was fine. Jin thought he was safe and sound, while leaning against it to input his code to unlock it from the inside.

And when the wind that had caressed his bare face stopped and the sun was blocked from behind him, Jin was forced to turn around, only to face the shadow that was now breathing directly onto his neck.

His phone rang, and Jin instantly picked it up.

"Joonie, I was JUST about to call you. Where are you, daddy?" His overly exaggerated voice sounded odd to Namjoon, but the man let it slide. In his mind, Jin was just happy after seeing all of the kids at his job.

"I'm still working, baby. I just wanted to tell you that, I'm going to stay at Yoongi's house tonight. Unfortunately, our projects need a lot more work done than we expected, so, you and Moonie are going to stay home alone tonight."

"Alone?"

(╥ ‸ ╥)