63 🐳

Namjoon's POV:

I couldn't believe it at first. Daniel, my 21-year-old nephew, who I've known since he was just a young, 4 year old boy, had committed an unforgivable crime that ties ropes to Jin's family... But how did this murder come about, and why did he help that man kill such an innocent, young girl.

"Daniel, you're going to tell me everything you know about Junho, and explain to me, exactly how this girl was killed." Feeling intimidated yet mentally prepared to speak out about a truth that no one has ever heard of, me being the first to hear it, Daniel nodded and began to confess himself in my presence.

"It all started when I first met that man when I was 12 years of age. I never planned on meeting him, let alone sneaking into his backyard, but-" That's when my curiosity got the best of me, and I ended up interrupting him momentarily.

"You were twelve-years-old when you met Junho? Then... Jin must have still been in the Orphanage. He was only 7 to 10 years old at your age. You're both one year apart from each other, right?" Daniel nodded at me, respectively as he continued to speak.

"During that time... That scary old man grew very lonely, and targeted his next victim: My mother. Back then, we had just moved into our new apartment, so he would come home whenever my dad was at work, and while I was at school, only to have long conversations with my mother." My eyes grew widened when collecting such valuable yet unbelievable information from Daniel.

Who would've thought that in a million years, Jin's abusive father was actually... Ara's secret lover. Now I believed her husband when he told me that Junho and him were enemies. His wife had been cheating on him the entire time, and with an abusive man as violent as Junho.

"Anyways, one day, when I was sneaking into his apartment, I heard a loud cry coming from his basement. There was a small broken window from where the sound was coming out of, and I took it upon myself to investigate the noise... When I found a baby girl hidden inside of a dirty laundry basket, crying out of fear, hunger, and pain."

My heart clenched at the thought of this. Just thinking about what that poor baby must have gone through made me grow with anger inside. How can a man be so harmful to even the most innocent, and harmless of children?

"I used to wonder why he would have done such a thing to a harmless baby," My nephew responded, answering the unanswered question I myself was saving in the back of my mind.

"But then I realized, that's why he chose her. Because she was such an easy target. Knowing this, I pried open that window and just as I was about to take the baby away after wrapping her up in a soft pair of sheets..." The change in his facial expressions worried me.

Something bad was about to happen right then and there in Daniel's story, and I wasn't sure if I was fully prepared to stomach it in, after I went through so much because of the same, evil-minded man today, with two of the most precious souls that belonged to me:

Seokjin, who was now experiencing permanent memory loss because of that abusive, heartless man... And one beautiful, kind soul who was no longer alive. The first pet that Jin and I ever owned, who ended up owning a piece of our lives from the very beginning.

Moonie, who had been slaughtered in the most gruesome, traumatizing way anyone could ever think to die. And by the same man who Daniel was now telling me about.

I grew sick to my stomach, yet continued to listen to him, nonetheless.

"I remember the smirk he had on his face when he caught me protecting the baby. He said, "So, you found my son's sister. Good job, Danny! We were playing hide-and-seek, so I helped her hide before he could find her."

To which, I responded: "You have a son?" He just glared at the girl, and smiled at me, taking her away from my weak grip. "He was a very bad boy," he would insist. "A boy that needed to be disciplined. So, I sent him off to a campsite." The longer I stayed in his basement, the more vulnerable I grew.

I never felt more uncomfortable within such a short conversation I got into with this strange man who's smirk never once left his sinister looking face." He stopped speaking for a moment, as I excused myself for a minute after hearing my phone went off once.

I let it slide and decided to ignore the notification for once, as Daniel's words were leading me to finding out more about Junho, and just what he did to Jin's sister, who I was now growing fond of in such short-term notice.

"He started to handle the girl with carelessness and as much as I tried to keep the baby safe, he took her from my hands as I kept on repeating the same words to him, over and over again: "Don't drop her. Don't drop her, please!" He kept tossing her up into the air, and when she fell into his arms again... When..."

Not a single vibration could be heard from the deafening silence that was left in my car when Daniel tilted his head downwards, covering his mouth for a brief minute. Within that moment, I stayed quiet, feeling the pain he was going through and grew sympathetic towards him.

My hand patted his back, softly as tears began to drip onto his jeans once more. I grabbed one of my spare handkerchiefs I usually keep inside of my pockets and handed it to him.

"And then what happened to that girl, Daniel." Daniel relaxed after awhile, having calmed down enough to finish his sentence without choking up.

"I heard a loud pop... He had broken her neck... Then proceeded to panic. I tried to call for help, but he pressured me into not screaming out for anyone, or leaving his house. "You love your Eomma, don't you, little boy?" He told me. To which I nodded without hesitation.

"If you don't want me to break her neck this way as well, then you'll be a good boy and help me put Soojin to rest." That was the first and last time I met Kim Soojin, before I carried her fragile body and placed it into a coffin made up of a hole in the dirt, as big as the hole in my heart when I realized I was the apprentice of her murderer, Junho.

I buried the body of Soo A's twin sister." That's when I grew beyond confused, and when Daniel completely lost me for a second.

"You never mentioned Soojin having a twin. Daniel... You're telling me that, Soo A and Soojin were Seokjin's twin sisters?" My heart raced, growing filled with angst.

"Yes, Uncle Joon. They were."

( ᵕ̩̩ㅅᵕ̩̩ )