53 🐳

Namjoon's heart raced as he rushed Moonie to the vet, so that they could save him. But he worried about the dog's health, as he was in critical condition due to the amount of blood he was losing.

The clinic was clean and freshly scented. He immediately walked in and placed Moonie down on a bed, as the vet looked up at him with a shock. "What happened to him?! Oh my God!!" Namjoon couldn't even explain everything to the panicked animal doctor.

"I- I don't know! Someone attempted to kill my dog! I found him inside of a washing machine, and th-there was a lot of blood on the floor

"I- I don't know! Someone attempted to kill my dog! I found him inside of a washing machine, and th-there was a lot of blood on the floor. Please, I beg of you. Save him!" He stared at the young looking vet with angst who escorted him out of the operation room to attend Moonie with a small group of other animal surgeons.

"Moonie..." Namjoon brushed his hair back, staring down at the bloodied floor as a woman mopped it. That was Moonie's blood. The blood that Namjoon had first spotted when entering the landry room upstairs in his house.

The man grew tense with fear and anxiety of losing his dog, along with the pain and anger he felt of losing Jin.

"COME ON, WHAT ELSE!! First Seokjin runs away from me and now Moonie gets slaughtered IN MY OWN HOUSE. What more? What!!" He mentally shouted at himself, feeling his strength grow severely debilitated, the closer he was to reaching the waiting room.

A small waiting room with little to no people were what the small office had to offer. Normally when visiting the vet, Namjoon would stay in his car, because Jin was always the one who would stay inside. Or they would take turns.

But now with Jin's disappearance, Namjoon was trapped, unsure if he should leave and risk any important news from Moonie's condition, or stay and receive a more devastating news on the missing boy.

To make things worse, he had no way of contacting Jin. But he at least had the young man's phone. With his phone, he maintained his communication with Minji, Yoongi, and anyone else who would notify him of anything, if and when they would find Jin.

Or at least find a clue as to where the boy could have gone, or where he could be.

~~~

Bzz...

Bzz...

Bzz....

"Just a minute, please. I received a text. I think that it's from Jin!"

"JIN!? ARE YOU SURE THAT IT'S HIM, DANIEL?"

"Yes, Auntie!"

"Oh, thank goodness!! PLEASE, RESPOND!"

"I'll call you back!!"

-Call Ended-

Daniel quickly viewed his text messages and breathed out a sigh of relief that nearly turned into tears of joy while reading the message that had been sent to him.

Joker 🤡: [Hi, Daniel.] At first, Daniel sighed but maintained his courage when talking to Jin, not wanting to overwhelm the boy with too much, in case he needed space.

Phantom 👻: [Jin, are you okay?]

Joker 🤡: [Yes, fine. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be spending the weekend with my friend.] His response seemed normal to Daniel, since he was so desperate to hear from Jin, that the young black haired man sighed and kept the conversation casual.

He didn't get into too much detail, in order to not stress the boy out.

Phantom 👻: [I understand. But Jinnie, consider giving Uncle Joon and Auntie a call. Alright? They're worried about you. We all are.] By saying this, Daniel thought that Jin would reply with a potential "Yes," or a "I'll think about it," but his answer surprised him in more ways than one...

"What?!"

Joker 🤡: [I won't be seeing that man and woman anymore. In fact, go tell them that I died, do you understand me? Do this and I'll even pay you if I have to. But I am dead to whoever else I knew, aside from Namjoon and his wife.]

Daniel watched as the green button that read "Online" powered down as the person he spoke to went offline, leaving him with a regretful, gut-wrenching feeling that travelled throughout his entire body.

Not long after that occurred, he received an unexpected call back from his aunt, and came back to his senses, answering the phone in a heartbeat.

"Daniel, I'm sorry for calling again, sweetheart... B-but I'm so desperate. I need to know! What did Jin tell you?" She responded with a heartbeat as accelerated as her nephew's was.

Daniel gulped, breathing out shakily as he responded with honesty.

"Aunt Minji... I spoke to him. He mentioned that he would be staying over at a friend's house for the weekend, and- Oh God... I'm so sorry. Wait just a minute." Daniel waved his hand across his bed, placing the phone face down on his pillow to suppress enough tears to get him to speak clearly about such a sensitive topic that was shattering his heart.

"Hello?? Daniel, are you alright? Daniel... Please, tell me. No matter how bad it is, we NEED to know. Please..." Her eyes welled up as she heavily breathed out, looking up at the ceiling.

Daniel then gathered up the sufficient energy he needed and continued talking after apologizing to his aunt for causing her such a distressing moment. And with one last gulp, the young man said it all.

"He told me... For you and Uncle Joon to consider him dead, Aunt Minji... I'm so sorry."

-Call has ended-

"Jin... Was that really you, or was I speaking to an imposter. Where are you, Jinnie. Where..."

( ᵕ̩̩ㅅᵕ̩̩ )