44 🐳

Just as the young man was about to get home, his eyes were suddenly caught on a sparkly item that glowed a bright silver and looked almost too enchanting for him. So, he left his car near the entrance of the store where the item was, and stepped out to get a closer glimpse of it.

What he found inside was a beautiful, eye-catching, fancy wristwatch that was almost too good to be true, but what was even more impressive was the price on it.

"How much is it? I- I don't think I heard you right the first time, Mister." He wiggled his eyes at a man who was holding the watch in his hands.

"The watch costs fifty dollars, it has a 75% discount for today only. It's stainless steel, it'll never rust, and it's solar powered, meaning that you don't have to change the batteries in it because it'll work if the sunlight is shining down on it." Jin smiled, pulling his wallet out. "I would like to purchase it, it's very beautiful." The man kindly held the fifty dollar bill that Jin had given him, and asked which box he wanted the watch to be placed into.

"This one. I'd like to buy this one, please." The owner of the jewelry store nodded, gently holding a small, yet elegant, royal blue box in his hands.

Jin's eyes glowed at the sight of it, while the man carefully placed the elegant, black wristwatch inside of the box, gently adjusting it until it became a perfect fit and was immediately sealed inside

He then closed the box, and stared at the young man, while handing him over the box.

"Thank you! How much do I owe you for this beautiful box?" Jin sweetly asked, reaching out for his wallet once more before the salesman stopped him and insisted that the box was free of charge.

"No extra charge. This box comes with the purchase of your watch. Thank you for purchasing one of our watches today! Enjoy your day, mister." This had taken the young man by surprise, but he was happier than ever.

Before he left, however, he slowly turned around with a look of slight confusion and mischief on his face, as a slight smirk appeared on the corner of his mouth.

"I won't get jumped or in trouble with anyone else around this neighborhood if they see me carrying this box out into the street, right?" He started to laugh, while the older man quickly grabbed a small black plastic bag, apologizing.

"I knew I was forgetting something! I'm sorry, haha."

"No worries, sir! Thank you, once again. Have a lovely rest of the day!" Jin waved at the man before leaving the store with the remaining smile he still had plastered onto him from ear to ear, until he made it back into his car and ignited his engine to take off.

His phone started to ring, but Jin sensed that it wasn't the first time it had rang since he first got down from his car. Even after he came out of the daycare center, the boy had failed to pay attention to his notifications, because he was focused on the road.

But now that he was looking at the cellular device, he realized that he had three missing calls. Two of them were from Namjoon, and one was from his friend back at the daycare center.

He decided to call Namjoon first, since he of course had been dialing his phone number more times than his friend. So, he dipped his head down, momentarily, and connected his Bluetooth to the car this time, so that he wouldn't be distracted, any longer.

"..."

"..."

"..." After one last ring, someone finally picked it up.

"Hello? Jin?" Jin sighed, feeling relieved when his lover finally picked up. He was expecting the call to not go through, but fortunately, that was not the case today.

"Hi, Joonie! I'm sorry I took forever to respond, I was-" The young man gasped when he almost exposed his current location.

"... Just, you know, coming out of work. But then I somehow lost my way over and ended up in an unknown location- Are you laughing at me??" A sudden laughter echoed from the other end of the line, causing Jin to smile, softly.

"Sorry, you just reminded me of 'someone' I know who got lost on his way to an Orphanage and ended up in a place I like to call: Wonju." Namjoon gained flashbacks of the time he and his ex-wife Minji were supposedly going to see children at an Orphanage,
to know which of them to adopt, when he accidentally took off on his own and ended up in an unknown route.

"But look on the bright side: Thanks to your poor driving skills, you ended up with... Me."

Both Namjoon and Jin stopped talking for a moment, sharing a genuine smile with each other, without one another even having to know about it.

"And I've lived an amazing life right by your s- JIN? Hello?! Jin!"

- Your call has ended -

Namjoon's POV:

I stayed in shock, hunching over my desk, as I was just about to finish reviewing my book, but was now too distracted to even see the letters in front of my bright screen.

My first initial reaction was to remain in shock, but when I regained an impulse of adrenaline, realizing that what I had heard was the sound of a pair of wheels burning the road, followed by a loud shattering noise of glass, and lastly...

The noise that worried me the most... Jin's voice, emitting a bone-chilling, alarming scream.

"N... No... It couldn't have been..." My hands gripped onto my desk, guiding me out of my chair as I spun around in one swift motion, grabbing ahold of my keys and shutting the front door loudly before heading towards my car.

"And I've lived an amazing life by your s-" His scream.... His scream is still engraved on my mind, piercing right through my head. I suddenly found myself desperately turning the keys into my car, smacking down on the wheel, severely.

"Argh, come on!! Not now! Jin's life is in danger!"

My car decided to run out of gas just when I needed it the most.

"Y-Yoongi! I have to go call Yoongi! Maybe he'll take me to-"

I suddenly bumped into a fragile figure, apologizing immediately with a polite bow, feeling the guilt seeping in when finding out who was stood in front of me.

"Jin's life IS in danger. We have to go stop them before they take him, Namjoon!!" I felt as if my heart had suddenly stopped out of pure shock, seeing the person who was right in front of me. Especially with the information I had just learned.

"MINJI!?"

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥