52 🐳

A/N: Can get graphic/upsetting for some readers. I suggest grabbing a tissue or two for this one..👀

6:30 P.M. Namjoon awaited for his friend Yoongi to call him back, who was also trying to help him find Jin by posting a picture of him on the internet in hopes of someone finding the runaway boy.

7:00 P.M. Namjoon was back home, after promising himself to feed Moonie before continuing to search for Jin. The man felt a hallow emptiness that only his Jinnie could fill in, from the moment he made it back into his parking garage.

After he turned his engine off, what he thought was a simple trembling sensation from the vibrations within the car, hadn't ceased even when the brown haired man had gotten down. It was then that he realized how tense his whole body had been, the entire time he was searching helplessly for Jin.

He held on strong and entered the house, whistling instantly as an old habit of his that he usually uses to call out to his dog.

"Moonie... If only Jin were here with you. Why did he do this. To Minji.. To Soo A. To me!! I looked everywhere! I even went all the way to Wonju just to find the old Orphanage. And nothing." The man sighed, deeply while he placed his car keys down. He suddenly heard Moonie's voice from far away.

An odd noise that his dog had never made before, sounding as if he were out of breath, or panting heavily. So, Namjoon thought of finding out where the golden retriever was.

He grew concerned, the closer he was to reaching Moonie, because the sounds were getting louder. Now, he was hearing a silent whine that was continuously emitting from the hallways.

When Namjoon looked around his surroundings, he noticed a mess was made all around the apartment. Picture frames were shattered as well as glass cups and dishes.

The sofas had Moonie's muddy footprints marked all around. "What happened here... Moonie has never done this to the couches." A churning motion started to develop within the pit of Namjoon's stomach, the closer he was to finding his lost pup.

A strange smell started to escape from one of the rooms, yet Namjoon didn't know which one. He just felt uneasy and anxious about what to expect when heading towards the rooms upstairs.

He first checked the bathroom, but it was left untouched since this morning. Then, he slowly made his way passed the laundry room to enter his bedroom. Nothing.

"If the bathroom was empty and the bedroom too... Then there's one last place to look." From that moment on, the strange noises grew louder. A muffled, barely audible bark is what finally lead Namjoon to discover where Moonie was, once and for all.

But what the man walked into was an empty laundry room full of laundry baskets, washing machines, and a pile of unsorted clothes.

He covered his nose for a moment, unable to withstand the odor that had now grown significantly stronger than before.

"Moonie!! MOONIE!" His desperate call was heard at long last, the minute Namjoon received a forced response from the golden haired dog that he was longing to see. And as he shakily approached a laundry machine that had been turned on, rotating clockwise for awhile, the man was baffled by the unexplainable reason to why that machine was on in the first place.

And why it was dripping with a sticky substance that was staining the floor.

"What is this... B-blood?!" Namjoon turned on the lights, exposing a puddle of blood that was still streaming onto the floor. The tall man's chest tightened up on him once more, as he bend down to reach a particular item that seemed to be pinched onto the side of one
of the washing machines.

A small, blue collar with white polka dots was dangling from the inside of the machine, jiggling for a moment before the tiny bell stopped ringing, completely. When Namjoon opened the washing machine, he was faced with a gruesome scene that made him plummet to the floor.

As he fell to his knees, the man struggled to breathe while he shakily wrapped his numbed hands around the bloodied body of a small dog that had been torn apart within a washing machine.

Namjoon's speech was silenced, momentarily. The only sounds that were physically able to escape his mouth were petrified screams, that became his cry for help as he couldn't find a way to get back up.

His legs turned into jelly as he looked down at his best friend, who he had previously adopted at an animal shelter for Jin when they first moved into their new house.

Jin himself picked him out, when seeing such a small, shy pup hiding away from the rest of the bigger and smaller puppies. It was the first dog that had caught his attention, and Namjoon didn't hesitate in adopting it for Jin.

Months after adopting him, Moonie got sick and it was then that Namjoon realized just how important the caring, soft furry dog was to Jin. He stopped eating for almost a whole week until Moonie returned from the vet who had taken him in for a long time to save the dog's life.

Namjoon tried everything to make Jin eat during those seven days, but only one thing returned the boy's appetite: The reappearance of his best friend, Moonie.

From there on, they shared many memorable moments with him and have been taking good care of him. And now, Namjoon was knelt down on the floor, feeling his arms strengthen around Moonie as his tears dripped onto the golden haired pup, while he gathered up the strength he had lost, just to carry Moonie down the stairs.

While walking into a better lighting, Moonie's wounds were fully exposed. The blood was mercilessly pouring out from the side of his abdomen, causing the poor, fragile dog to flinch and curl up into Namjoon's arms, licking him as a way of thanking him for hearing his plead.

"I already lost Jin, I can't lose you too, Moonie... When I find who did this to you, they'll pay in the same way they harmed you: With their life."

。゚(。ノ⊃ω⊂。)゚。