Distractions

I woke up later than usual. I stared at the ceiling of my room for a while. The atmosphere seemed eerier than usual. I forced myself out of the bed and my eyes fell upon a letter and a flower on my bedside table. Something told me that Caspian kissed my forehead before he had left. 

I opened the letter and read it. My hands were shivering the entire time. I didn't want a reminder of his absence. I knew that I was being melodramatic, but that was the truth. He apologised for not telling me about his leaving earlier and told me that he had many things to tell me. He promised to bring back the branch for me.

I held the letter close to my heart after which I got dressed for my lessons. Trumpkin was the only person who continued to treat me the same way he had before we deciphered the Prophecy, and I was really grateful to him. Losing in combats and hearing him give me constructive criticism were some of the only things that kept me sane.

I didn't lie when I told Caspian that I would be counting the days down. It was hard not seeing him during meals and I missed him during my visits to the tower. I just.....I just missed him a lot. Everywhere I looked, I felt his absence.

To get over those feelings, I made a decision and visited Narnians more often. Thunderride was very happy to see me. All the nymphs and dryads were very excited around me. They made me a crown with flowers that was really beautiful! 

Apparently they had always wanted to braid my hair for some reason and I allowed them to do so that time. I learnt to braid as well, which was a huge accomplishment. The Narnians braids were really pretty! Thunderride helped me through the cours.

Narnians were different than the people of the kingdom. Once Claire found out that I was the Lost Legacy, she immediately knelt in front of me. It took me a long time to make everyone understand that I was still me. I had to beg them to treat me the same way they always had.

Narnians on the other hand had always been very respectful ever since they had met me. I think that was the reason that I didn't really feel much differently around them. "I miss Reephicheep." Trufflehunter said.

"Oh really?" I teased. They always got into friendly fights and it was nice to see that I wasn't the only one who hated change.

 They always got into friendly fights and it was nice to see that I wasn't the only one who hated change

"I do! I never thought that I would say so though.

"Will you two please hurry up?" Pattertwig, the squirrel asked.

The thing was, Pattertwig wanted to collect nuts. He was very passionate about collecting things. Trufflehunter and I started collecting things as well because the weather was getting colder day by day. Winter was coming. It would be the first time for me and I wished that Caspian would be back before the first fall of snow.

"Do you think it will snow?" I asked them.

"Oh, it always snows." Pattertwig stated.

"I just hope that we are warm enough during that time." Trufflehunter said.