Chapter 35: Turf wars

Sorry haven't updated in while. Have been feeling unproductive recently.

The high speed train zoomed across the railway. The beautiful scenery could barely be seen as the train quickly sped past it. The train carriage was nearly deserted, only transporting a few individuals.

Seraphina sat together with Elaine, at the furthest corner of the carriage, whilst playing her phone paying the rest of the group no heed. Arlo sat alone, fidgeting his fingers occasionally glancing at the pair sitting across him. Elia and Blyke were the calmest of the people in the carriage. They sat, in a very laid back fashion whilst playing a game together. Seeing as there were no strangers in the carriage, the sounds from the game were clearly audible.

"I give up!" Blyke sighed, "How are you so good at this? Wait, are you lying? This can't be your first time playing the game?" Blyke flashed a suspicious look.

"I'm not lying." Elia laughed, she could more or less understand why Blyke was suspicious after his 15 consecutive defeats.

"Okay, try this one." Blyke pointed at another game.

Arlo shot a dirty look at Elia that did not go unnoticed.

"Isn't it about time to brief everyone on your plan?" Arlo asked.

"Oh yeah!" Elia said as if she had just remembered.

Arlo shook his head in disbelief. He couldn't believe he had fallen into a predicament where he had to rely on an someone like her.

"So?" Arlo raised his eyebrows in a incredulous manner.

Meanwhile......
Remi got off the train, her palms were filling sweaty, especially after experiencing such a hard time at Gladwin.

This time she was visiting Vaname, a mid tier district relatively close to wellston. A terrorists group called Venom, were openly terrorizing the district and the authorities around that area haven't responded.

The articles were vague on the details of the terrorists group and didn't state much.

Remi walked towards the centre of town. The town was not desserted, there were even a few people walking around. They all had uneasy expressions in their faces. Then Remi realized something,

There were no females.

When the Arlo, Seraphina, Blyke, Elia and Elaine finally arrived the royals from Agwin were already waiting.

"You have a habit of making people wait, Arlo." Broven glanced at the group arriving coldly. He did not have particularly good feelings about the fight, especially not when Seraphina who took down their entire roster was participating. Broven's eyes went to the unfamiliar figure.

"Who's the new guy?" He asked, glancing at Elia.

"One of our reserves, she wanted to come at watch the fight." Arlo shrugged.

Blyke sniggered. "Reserves? What kind of reserve could beat almost all the royals." He silently thought while rolling his eyes.

Elia noticed this. "Come on Blyke, don't tease Asslo over here." She said, emphasizing Arlo's nickname.

Arlo's nose flared, "How dare she mock me!" He thought, but he quickly calmed down.

Broven frowned. The "reserve" that Arlo had mentioned gave off a rather dangerous aura and what kind of reserve had the guts to speak to king like that. Not to mention, Arlo had let her off. This was not the Arlo that Broven knew. Arlo was cold, intimidating and merciless, not that kind that would let their inferior speak about them that way.

Broven shook off his bad feeling. "1v1 or 3v3?" He asked Arlo.

"3 v 3." Arlo said unhesitantly.

"What is Wellston up to?" Broven thought. Wellston rarely fought 3 v 3, the last time they did, Agwin got humiliated, with Seraphina instantly taking down their entire roster. Broven hesitated, unsure of what he should do.

"There's no need to hesitate. I'll tell you exactly why we're doing this." Elia smirked at Broven's demeanor.

The entire Wellston team looked at Elia. Arlo had an extremely shocked expressions, his eyes nearly popped out of his sockets.

"WTF is she doing?" he thought.