12) Young Hearts

|Chasing the clock, will I see you again?
If it's perfect now lets be perfect again.
I'm not used to this feeling, but you help me let go
And we both can't deny, young hearts never die|

Savannah

I think the only thing I didn't miss about this place was the food. The eggs taste like rubber and the toast is burnt. Oh well.

We're sitting in the mess hall. Me, Gwen, Haven, Michael, Ashton, and Luke. Calum and Elsie split off from the group to go get a bandaid. They were flirting and Cal accidentally tripped her, causing her knee to start bleeding. Young love, so cute.

Speaking of Calum...

"Hey guys." Calum says and sits at the end of the table.

"Calum! Where's Elsie?" Haven asks.

"Oh she found a guy who has better hair, eyes, and is taller." He mutters under his breath. "I mean, um, she ran into Liam and he's getting her a bandaid so I could eat breakfast."

Poor Calum.

"So what are we gonna do today?" I ask.

"I think we're signed up for hiking today." Ashton responds.

"Yes!" I exclaim. I love hiking. I wonder if Harry will be there? Probably not, he doesn't seem like the kind if person who hikes. I hope he hikes today. After last night I haven't been able to stop thinking about him. His lips, his eyes, even his black jeans that look way tighter than any skinny jean I own. I need to see him again.

• • •

We gather for the hike. So far it's just us and the Aussies. I scan the road to see if anyone else is coming. There's nothing but a never ending dirt road. Wait...there are people coming closer. A group of maybe 7 or 8. Harry.

My stomach is churning and now my legs are shaking. Why does he make me nervous? He's just a person who's probably as nervous as I am. Ha. I'm pretty sure Harry never gets nervous around girls. Every summer he goes through about 3 new girls. Why do I like him? What does he see in me?

The group arrives, but before I can make a move towards Harry, the camp counselor starts to speak. She's telling us what trail we're hiking, how to avoid poison ivy, etc. I hike every weekend so I don't need the instructions. Which is good because I can't focus on anything she's saying. Harry keeps staring at me, but when ever I meet his eyes they dart away. The counselor finally stops speaking so we can begin the hike.

Everyone heads for the trailhead. I hear a voice from my left.

"Hey." The low, slightly mumbled voice says.

"Hey yourself." I respond.

"So what did you think of the party last night?" Harry asks.

We step on the trail. Now there's only room for 2 maybe 3 people to walk side by side. Right now it's just me and Harry next to each other, at the very front of the pack.

"The party was surprisingly good. I don't really like huge crowds of people usually. Well sometimes I do. Mostly I just like being by myself." I ramble. Why do you I do this? Now he probably thinks I'm a freak.

"I used to hate big crowds. It's a lot easier to handle when you have beer."
Harry says.

"Haha, I don't really drink beer much...or ever really. I'm more of a coffee person." Again with the weird facts about myself. Stop it Savannah.

"I like coffee too, only black though." Harry answers.

"No way...me too! My friends think I'm crazy, but I like black coffee!"