18) Addicted To Love

|| oh you'd like to think that you're immune to this stuff; you might as well face it, you're addicted to love ||

Elsie

"It's over and done with. Let's just move on, and stop talking about it please."

Savannah's exact words regardingi everything Harry. Of course, if it had been me, we would not be over it, and we would still be talking about it and I would still be mad.

But today is the fifth day of camp, and the Brits, the Aussies, and us girls are going to the archery range and then swimming. We decided to take a lazy day, because of the party tonight.

I don't even know who's throwing it, but it's a classic camp arbre party; there's sure to be beer, vodka and food, and what else do you really need?

Before this summer, I didn't need any of that. But Liam keeps treating me like his girlfriend, acting like I'm his girlfriend, but he hasn't asked me yet. Like Haven said, "if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck, then it must be a duck." But Liam isn't a duck, and this isn't a pond. The competition here is fierce, and I'd rather not be hunting for the same duck as someone else.

So I'm keeping my options open until Liam officially does or doesn't ask me. We'll see what happens tonight.

"So should I do the whole 'I'm really good at archery, y'all suck' or should I pull the 'I don't know how to pick up the bow, teach me how to shoot and hold me close' thing?" I examine my nails and spin around in the desk chair as the girls get ready to meet the boys in ten minutes.

"I don't know." Haven says, preoccupied.
"You said you were gonna teach me how to flirt three years ago, and it hasn't happened yet, so I'm not the person to ask here." Gwen points out.

I look up, "Oh yeah. Well you don't need my help anymore." I grin at her.

She makes a face at me, and I spin around once more.

"It's kind of nice having all this male attention." Savannah says from the bed, where she's wrapping a hair band around the bottom of her braid.

"Yeah, I can imagine." Haven jabs teasingly, "Too bad I wouldn't know."

"What about Niall?"

"Not all of us can get an 'I love you too', you know." Haven says to Savannah, her teasing tone gone.

"Who said anything about I love you?" I ask, "It's summer."

"They call it Summer love for a reason." Haven says before she slides out the front door with a final withering glance and slams the door behind her.

Gwen and I exchange glances, and then look at Savannah, who stands staring at the door with a confused look on her face.

The magic of the morning is gone, and now we would have to somehow get rid of the Haven tension.

"You ready?" I ask Savannah gently, "The guys are probably waiting."

She nods, and starts towards the door.

•••

All thirteen of us had to sign up together, and humorously enough, there are only twelve stalls to shoot from.

"The stalls are assigned." The counselor explains. He reads off the assignments, "Stall 7, Haven. Stall 8, Ashton." He pauses, "Stall 9, Harry...and Elsie-"

"What?" I call out, "Can I share with someone else?"

"No, I'm sorry." The attendant rolls his eyes, "Just because he's your ex or whatever the hell, doesn't mean everyone can just change stalls. You go where I tell you."