11) Right Now

| You know I can't fight the feeling, and every night I feel it. |

Gwen

When I wake up the next morning Luke is gone, and my head is killing me. I'm never drinking another drip of alcohol again, I think to myself. The whole night before is a bit of a blur, and all I can remember is meeting that attractive british dude, and throwing up on Luke's shoes.

Today's an activity day, and I'm pretty sure we're gonna go on a hike. After a wonderful breakfast of crappy eggs and burnt pancakes, they assign us all into three groups to go on three different hikes. Somehow all my friends manage to end up in the same group except me. Just my luck. After being assigned to our groups, a counselor leads us in the direction we're supposed to be hiking. I wave goodbye to my friends as they all head off in the opposite direction. Haven is talking to that blonde irish dude, oh my goodness they would be so cute together. I look around, and every single person seems to be walking with a group of friends. Except me. After about 10 minutes of walking alone, I feel someone run up beside me.

"Remember me?" asks a thick british accent. I turn around to see the guy from last night, the one I threw up in front of.

Nice.

"Yeah, I remember," I smile at him. I stole his tequila then threw it up. Why is he even talking to me?

"With how drunk you were last night, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't." he jokes. "So, I never caught your name."

"I'm Gwen" I answer, "And you?"

"Louis!' he held out his hand and shook mine. "So is Gwen short for Gwendoline, like a mid evil princess?" he asks.

"No, it's actully short for Gweneth like Gweneth Paltrow, but a midieval princess sounds cooler." I laugh.

He smiles, 'Well Gwendoline midieval princess, is this your first year here?"

Of course he would think it was my first year here, he probably knew everyone at this camp except me and my friends. "It's actully my third year..." I mumble.

"Really!? you'd think I'd have noticed you by now." Louis remarks. I look down to hide my face, which has probably tured bright pink at this point. "Where are your friends?" he asks, changing the subject.

"They all ended up on the other hike," I explain.

"Aww, well it sucks you don't get to go on the hike with your boyfriend."

Wait, What!?

"My boyfriend?" I say, confused.

"Yeah, Luke the blonde Aussie, he's your boyfriend right?"

Oh my god! he thinks Luke's my boyfriend!? I wonder how many other people at this camp think that?!

"Oh, yeah, Luke." I stutter, "He's not actually my boyfriend, we're just friends."

"Not so sure he'd agree with you on that one." Louis smirks. After talking to him for a little while longer, he jogs ahead to catch up with some of his friends, and I finish the hike alone.

|||

After the hike is over, I go to find my friends. Luke runs up to hug me, mainly because he's all sweaty and he knows I"ll freak out.

"So, how was your hike?' he asks "Probably not very fun since I wasn't there." he adds, answering his own question jokingly.

"It was pretty good actually, I made a new friend." I answer. I probably shouldn't tell Luke about Louis, because if Elsie and Haven were right then he liked me quite a bit. But it's not like I did anything with Louis, we just talked. He's probably already forgotten my name.

"So, who's this new friend of yours?" he asked.

"Louis." I said under my breath, hoping to change the subject quickly. Luke's smile faded.

"Why do you wanna be friends with him?" he questions, "Let's not forget this is the same guy who got you drunk last night."

I shouldn't have even brought it up, I didn't really think he would care that much.

"Calm down, he didn't get me drunk. I got myself drunk, and trust me, I won't be doing that anytime soon."

"Gwen, he's a senior. He's part of the popular douche-y crowd. We hate them remember?"

Why does he even care if I wanna be friends with this guy?

"Whatever. He seemed really nice, that's all." I look up at Luke, and he looks frustrated.

"Hey, let's go find our friends, maybe they'll wanna go swimming or something." I suggest changing the topic from Louis.

"Sounds good." Luke agrees.