5.) Wake Me Up

| Feeling my way through the darkness, guided by a beating heart. I can't tell where the journey will end; but I know where to start.|

Elsie

Oh. My. Freaking. God.
I'm going to the opening party. We were invited. By a senior boy.
"El, stop freaking out and get your ass over here. We've got a lot of work to do, and not very much time to do it." says Haven from the bathroom sink, where she's applying her trademark winged eye liner.
We'd opted out of supper to get ready for the party, and I'm praying there's some sort of energy in the form of tasty items at this gathering of cool people.
I roll my eyes, but oblige to Haven's request.
"Which shoes do you guys think I should wear?" asks Savannah from one of the beds, "The flats or the sandals?"
I turn my head to look, but it's yanked back straight forward. "Sit still." Haven commands before turning to look at Savannah's shoes. "I think the sandals." Haven tells her.
After nearly half an hour of being poked, prodded, my hair being pulled and being burned by the curling iron, Haven was finally done... With my hair.
She checks her phone, "El, do you think you can do your own makeup? I've got to do my hair and when Gwen gets here she's gonna need all the help she can get."
"But-" I start to protest, but am interrupted.
"Ladies!"
"Oh my god." I hit my head on the bathroom sink repeatedly.
"El, stop doing that. It's gonna make you more mental than you already are."
"Shut up, idiot." I snap at Calum.

Cal looks at Haven, confused.
"She's in a bad mood." Haven explains, "And Gwen's not even here yet."
"Why are you all stressed out?" He asks, looking around the room at the clothes and shoes scattered all over the place. "And what are you guys doing?"
I stand up, and walk towards my suitcase, "If you must know, Cal, we're getting ready for the party."
His eyes narrowed ever so slightly, "What party?"
"Come on, Cal. Don't give me that bullshit. You know what party." I roll my eyes.
"Who invited you?" Calum asks, picking up a stray bottle of perfume and squirting it on himself.
I snatch the bottle out of his hands, "One of the senior boys invited me on the bus today."
"Oooh, a boy. That's a new thing. Aren't those kind of rare in your life?" He teases.
"That's what I said!" Savannah yells from inside the bathroom.
I roll my eyes and start pushing him towards the door.
"Come on, aren't you at least gonna invite me to go with you?" He grabs my wrists, and I know I'm stuck now until I give him what he wants.
"Fine, Calum, would you, Luke and Ash like to attend the party with us tonight?"
Cal grins at me, "Why of course we would, but there's a new guy in our cabin this year too, so I'm assuming he's invited."
I frown, "Is he an ass?"
Savannah sticks her head out the bathroom door. "I met Michael earlier, he's super nice."
"We brought him from Australia." Calum informs me, "And no, he's not an ass like you."
"Go fuck a tree." I say, giving him one final shove out the door and slamming it behind him.
I can hear his laughter as I turn away from the door and go to change.
The outfit I picked out for tonight is simple, but it's got a few tasteful touches.
I wear navy blue skinny jeans that are getting to be kinda tight, a gray tie-off tank top and some teal sandals. I also picked out a flannel just in case it gets cold.
Savannah helped me with my eye shadow and liner. I went for a more natural eye shadow, but used black and black for the eyeliner and mascara.
"You look hot." Haven told me as she was finishing her hair.
"Are you sure it's enough? I feel underdressed." I say, looking down at my jeans again.
"No," Haven assures me, "You look great."
There's a knock at the door and Savannah opens it.
"Hey guys." Gwen breathes.
"Gwennie!" I squeal and run to the door, Haven not far behind me. But our joy is short-lived as Gwen practically falls into the cabin.
"Holy shit." Haven says.
Savannah catches her, but not the suitcase. Haven runs for a wet washcloth and I help Savannah lift Gwen onto the bed.
"I'm so tired." Gwen moans.
We put the wet washcloth on her forehead, and Savannah and I hover close above her face.
"I'm tired, not dying guys." Gwen rolls her eyes and pushes our faces away.
"Good then we should start getting you ready." Haven says.
"Get me ready for what?" Gwen asks, sitting up on the bed.
"El got us invited to opening party." Haven informs her.