Chapter 19

HER POV

I had only one option in preventing a slip up like that from happening again.

I had to switch trainers.

I didn't care if he was a left-back when I really needed a right-back. I was willing to make the compromise.

As soon as I got onto the field I looked for coach Myers. He had to be here somewhere.

Ah, there he is.

I jogged up to him and he turned around to face me.

"Coach I need to ask you about something..."

******************

HIS POV

As I was walking over to the net, I over heard Maci conversing with her coach about something.

"What is it Maci?"

She hesitated like she was about to say something she really didn't want to.

"I want to switch trainers."

What.

Hold up, HOLD UP.

Once the words left her mouth I instantly raced towards her.

"Maci! Can I speak to you for a second? Coach Myers I only need two minutes. Promise."

"What? David---"

I wrapped my hand around her arm and pulled her off to the side. Soon we made our way into one of the tunnels. What was it about these tunnels?

"Would you like to explain just exacly what you are doing?!"

She looked at me in embarassment. What was she doing?

"What I was about to do is the only option I have!" She said.

"Says who?" I asked upset.

She noticed the diasppointment in my voice. She better.

"Says my coach! Says your coach! David I can't be with you anymore! This should of never happened in the first---"

I suddenly kissed lips and held her hands with mine. She broke the kiss and shoved me away from her.

"Will you stop doing that?!" She shouted.

"No, I won't!" And then I leaned in again kissing her once more. I made sure to pin her up against the wall so she couldn't push me away this time. I was not letting her go.

After a few seconds I pulled away and let her catch he breath. She looked flustered.

"I have feelings for you Maci, and it's not fair to both of us that you won't give me a chance." I said in complaint.

She stared at me for a few moments and the next thing I knew she crashed her lips onto mine. I knew it.

Hehe.

She had feelings for me too.

"I don't know why I did that." She said in confusion.

"Because you like me." I said playfully whilst smirking at her.

She tried to suppress her smile but failed miserably. She was so cute.

"You don't know what I'm putting at stake here."

Yeah right!

"Are you serious? Of all people you think I don't understand? If anything I should be the most understanding." I retorted.

"Sorry." She said quietly tilting her head down. I lifted it back up with my finger.

"No baby. I don't want you to be sorry for anything. I just want to be with you. And I know you want to be with me too. Stop denying youself happiness. I want nothing but to make you happy."

She nodded her head; I took this oppurtunity to gently lift her chin up to me so I could get full access to her lips. I slowly lowered mine to hers and savored the moment. She was all I wanted.

I moved my hands to her hips as she wrapped her arms around my neck. We kissed for a few seconds more and then finished it off with a hug. I nestled my head into the side of her neck and took in her lovely scent. Whatever perfume this was, it was driving me nuts. It smelled so. Good.

"David?"

"Yes?"

"The worry still won't go away."

I rubbed her back with my hand to try and comfort her.

"I can't promise to get rid of your worry, but I can definitely try to ease it. Our dates from now on will be way more private. Avoiding the public is the best thing to do. I'm sorry I wasn't being careful before. I'm going to thoroughly think through everything before I make any decisions. Does that sound okay?"

"Yes."

"And remember that God is in full control. Now let's go finish practice."

She nodded again, and with that I hugged her one last time before heading back out to the field.

"I think you should talk to coach about changing your mind."

"Will do." She said.

I watched her walk over to coach Myers. As she carried out the conversation his face grew confused. He turned his head over to me and I immediately turned mine in a different direction.

He nodded his head and Maci returned to me. I would give anything if I could kiss her freely without getting in any trouble. But she was definitely worth the wait. One day I'll be able to kiss her when and wherever I want.