Chapter 14 Preliminaries

I walk towards him and the sight of him makes my teeth grit. Austin is leaning against the brick of the building with his posture completely at ease. He embodies what most girls would drool over. Olive skin which blends well with his brown hair and color changing eyes. He has sharp, pronounced features that seem to be molded perfectly to fit each other. His body even is sculpted to perfect form. Mystery lies in his eyes with that rebellious sense of danger to excite an unsuspecting girl.

I see the person who killed the man I love.

My body stiffens as he lifts a cigarette up to his mouth and lets the smoke flame out of his lips. The wind catches the smoke and dissipates it out of vision.

I stop directly in front of him with my hands on my hips as I sneer over what he's dressed in. His baggy jeans not even ironed with tears in them, and his shirt is merely something he could have grabbed off his floor.

His green eyes cloud with a mixture of grey as his brows pucker in confusion, ""What?" He takes another puff from his cigarette and I fight the urge to clasp my noise as my eyes as fix on him with disgust. "I'm here on time, aren't I?"

My jaw switches and I hold my arms out to display his choice of sloppy clothing. "What are you wearing?"

He glances down at his attire and when his eyes fix back on mine his face reveals a wicked grin. "Well, I think it's called a T-shirt and jeans."

"I know what they are called." I snap. "I want to know why you are wearing them today and does that shirt say Fight Club," my voice raises on the last words. I rest my hands back on my hips, but my palms clasp tight on my hipbones to block the desire to rip him in half. Or at least attempt it.

"This is only a school interview." He waves his hand with ease and takes another hit of the cigarette. I envision breaking his hand in half but settle for grabbing the cigarette out of his hand and grinding it into the ground, making it unusable.

He doesn't even flinch at this. He just raises his eyebrows and keeps his expression indifferent, "You know you wasted half of that cigarette, right?" His tone is gruff but is able to have an underlining smoothness.

My skin boils. "Yes, that was the point!" I snap, then immediately regret my reply. Excellent, now I sound like a child.

"Well, if you don't like my shirt." He coaxes. Austin pulls off the black shirt and reveals a wife beater undershirt. The shirt is tight against his abs and exposes his cut arms. My eyes head directly for the scar on his left shoulder. The mark is small and faded white.

I turn away trying to force the bile which rose in my throat to go back down.

Clenching my fists, I remind myself I'm doing this for Kyle. This was his last wish. "No, I would rather you keep your shirt on." My tone sharp enough to cut through metal.

"Alright." I turn back to him after I hear the fabric side back over his body. All the features in his face prepared for what I could say next.

"We should probably head up," There's an underlining hard edge to my voice like the ice has only started to thaw. He nods with his eyes attentive and follows me through the building's black doors. "At least you shaved." My tone moving to simple annoyance. I peek back at him as he smirks and runs his hands over clean shave.

I glance over at him as we go up the elevator and see his arms folded over his chest. His features appear like they are carved from a delicate statue.