Chapter 8 - It Wasn't A Mistake

Lucy POV

I woke up by the light shining into my eyes from the curtains. I was alone inside a dark room. I looked around for my bags but didn't see them. As I opened the door I could hear snores from across me. I recognize those snores from anywhere. They were Jasmine own.

I held onto the railing as I went downstairs to find my bags. I was still weak from yesterday but I could manage walking by myself. I suddenly found them in the living room. I took out my phone to find that my ex-bf called me 20 times, but I also saw that Jake texted me. It made me smile.

He was assuring me that everything will be okay. I opened up to Justin about my abusive ex-bf. He was so sweet and caring towards me even when I thought I didn't deserve it. He was such a good friend and different from all the other guys.

"I hope you're not leaving " I heard

I flinched as I turned around to answer her.

"You've frightened me. I thought you were sleeping"

"Well, I'm awake now. My aunt already left for work, so we have the house to ourselves for today. " I felt relaxed as she said those words.

Jasmine and I spend the entire afternoon watching Netflix. I loved hanging out with her. She was always trying to make me happy like a sister. I didn't know what I would do without her.

I grew up in the foster system because my parents died. They didn't treat me right so I ran away with Derek. Derek is my abusive ex-bf that brought many pain in my eyes. He wasn't happy that I wanted to leave so he took it out on me. Sometimes I wonder if I did deserve it.

She was texting someone on her phone. Then suddenly she said "I'll be right back. I'm going to the grocery store. Justin is coming over soon. "

I smirked at his name.

She got dressed and picked up her purse to leave. I felt a bit insecure looking at her. She was in a lace dress that showed her shape well. It had many styles and showed her lower cut out at her back.

"You look lovely" I said

She was obviously dressing for Justin.
She looked happy so I tried to be happy for her. I should be happy for her. I need to be happy for her and that was because I've learnt to put people happiness before mine. Plus, she was a friend that gave me a home.

"Food is in the fridge but I still need to get more stuff seeing that you'll be here. Do you need anything before I go?" she asks

"No, thank you."

She finally left.

I needed to look beautiful. I needed to feel much better about myself. I went upstairs putting on make up to cover up my scars. It pain me to see those scars on my body.

Then, I braided my hair in one and let it flow in my back. I was trying on clothes to clothes. I tried on my black mini sheer dress. It stopped to my knees and was see through at my stomach.

My curves were shown and I started to feel beautiful again. I looked in the mirror and had tons of thoughts going through my mind.

What am I doing?
I'm trying to get the attention of another man.
Another man that wants my best friend
This would end up hurting Jasmine
But aren't I hurting now??
This is still wrong.
Maybe I should stop

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to change but then I heard several more knocks. I panic and ran down the stairs in the dress.

I opened the door and it was him.

He looked straight at me. It's like the sexy dress didn't even matter. His eyes glazed through mine. For a moment I thought he could see right through me. The way he looked at me already left me speechless.

Breath Lucy, Breath.

He didn't look on me like a piece of meat. He looked at me like a gentleman and he didn't even try staring at my ass. I practically wore it for him but that didn't matter.

His eyes had concern even though I was lost in them. He came inside quickly and held my hand. I followed him to sit on the couch.

"I heard about everything. You should have told me that happened with Derek. You know I wouldn't leave you like that. I wished I had known you were ending things with him. I swear I wouldn't have left if I had known" he voiced out.

"I didn't know either. It was a last minute and I wasn't even sure that I really wanted to leave him." I uttered

"You're insanely beautiful. Any man would be so lucky to have you. You're too caring about others that you don't even think of yourself. At the same time that worries me but it shows me that you have a ...pure heart" he rambled

I sighed and couldn't answer back.

A rare young woman like you doesn't need to wear this tight sexy dress. It looks like you're suffocating. You don't need a man attention. A man needs your attention" he said.

I lost it in the heat of those words. I leaned over and kissed him. I put everything in the kiss. It was so passionate and I felt loved. It was so different from Derek own. I felt affectionate and for the first time it wasn't lust.

He moved back swiftly. I looked in his eyes and saw confusion. He looked like he was lost in his own thoughts. His eyes started to look everywhere except for me.

I quickly started to regret this. I cursed under my breath. He turned around at the same time and looked at me.

I look to the ground to avoid his gaze. I didn't feel well anymore. I wanted to run out but I couldn't because he blocked my view.

"I'm so sorry!!!!! That was a huge mistake. I don't know what I was thinking. I got lost in your words and I just wanted a guy like what you were saying. Please don't tell Jasmine. It was just a stupid mistake!!"

I tried to run upstairs but he grabbed my hands. Darnit!

"I saw your eyes, Lucy. I'm not trying to hurt you but you do understand this messed up situation with Jasmine. I have feelings for Jasmine and I'm trying to consider your feelings. Do I care for you on another level? Yes. Do I think that you're just another female? No."

"We can just drop it. I understand that Jasmine is in this situation. She's even my friend. So this was just a mistake. Forgive me."

"I know you. I see you for who you are. You know that wasn't a mistake. Even though this is messed up, I felt that kiss. It was a meaningful kiss. I didn't know that you were so passionate. I'll cherish that kiss. It was amazing but I don't want you to lead you on. I think you should tell Jasmine before I do.

He knew the truth so I couldn't lie anymore. I was definitely caught. I was too speechless and shock to do anything.

The door burst wide open and I felt my heart beating faster and faster.