Chapter 4 - I'll Never Let You Go

We're finally away from the crowd. I saw a huge SUV. Damn! It was obviously too expensive for me, and the last time I remembered Jake didn't even have a car.

He smiled  and opened the car door for me

He smiled  and opened the car door for me. I got inside the vehicle and laid my  back. I breathed in the sweet fragrance off the roof top. I felt a huge relief knowing that he was driving passed all the stares.

I turned my head to the window to avoid his gaze. All of a sudden, I felt his hand on mine. I pulled away and that only made it worse. He grabbed my hand and took it to his full lips.

He started to kiss finger by finger in a soft way. All I could do was stare blankly. He took down my hand to place it on his lap then turned back his eyes towards the road.

I finally gathered some courage to say, "Listen, I don't want to lead you on nor do I want to relive those past feelings for you ever again. Please let me move on. If you want us to be friends then fine, but I can't go through that pain ever again in my life" I pleaded.

He didn't answer me.

I saw weakness in his eyes. I was actually seeing his vulnerability .

"Where are you even taking me?!? Please just let me go." He doesn't answer again so I shouted "JAKE!!!" I just had to stop because it was no use.

The drive continued and after forty minutes the vehicle finslly stopped. It looked like a beautiful chilling place. It was even apart of a resort. I came out before he could even open my door.

Whatever he was feeling on the inside was being revealed on the outside. I couldn't take looking at his depress face. I started looking everywhere to avoid his gaze. I went to the balcony to enjoy the cool breeze and the gorgeous ocean's view.

The sun was starting to go down. I turned my back and went upstairs to find a bar . It had beautiful lights and chairs on the outside.

Jake took my hands and led me to our table. He went to the bar and brought back two glasses of white wine.

We both sit down while taking glances at each other while drinking our wine. He was too quiet. I was wondering when the silence would break.

"You want me to let you go

"You want me to let you go. It hurts even saying these words. It hurts even hearing them coming out your mouth. I love you unconditionally Jasmine. I'm not about to make you walk out of my life again."

The tears started to release out of his eyes. 🥺🥺

"I'll do anything for you, Jasmine.You can have my heart.I'll give you the world. I'll even give you all my money right now.Please just dont say those words ever again"

He needs to let this go.

Out of my mouth, I answered back "I don't want your money. We will still be in each other lives but just as friends. So please try to accept it."👫

"So you want me to be okay being your friend, even though guys are constantly seeking for your attention. I understand that's what you want and I should accept it, but every part of my body is telling me to rebel against it" he says.

"I'm still shattered because of the past.
I dont think that I'll ever recover from that pain. I dont want to feel anymore pain. Every breath I take is a struggle because that pain is at the depth of my heart and its been crying out. Jake, You've left scars on my soul!!" I say💔

I saw that his eyes were becoming dry and there were no more tears for him to cry.

Suddenly, I heard "I'll pick up your broken pieces." I don't care if I get cut and I start bleeding. I just refuse to let you go. I'll never let you go." He let out a huge breath after and before I could even speak he continues.

"Jasmine, I promise to make this right.
Just please rethink of your decision. I promise not to ask you for more. I'm still deeply in love with you and I'm asking for you to give me a chance. A chance to love you, hold you, kiss you and just to have you" he pleaded.

I was speechless after all that. He bends over the table to wipe away my tears. I thought he was going to sit down but then he titled my chin up and that caused me to stare into his right into his eyes.

"You're my whole world" he whispered and took my hands for us to leave this place.

The ride was basically quiet. We both felt the tension lifted off at that resort. He held onto my hand all the way until I arrive at my house.

My aunt was literally spying through the curtains. I could see her clothes printing out. He lets my hand go. I unbuckle my seat belt and told him"Goodnight". He hugged me and I  repeated the same.

I came out of his vehicle and began to walk up to my house. I took a deep breath and open the door. I wasn't shock that she was right in front of me. She was actually smiling.

"How did it go ? Are you guys going to work things out?"she said.

I went to the side to lay my bag in the living room. "I'm not sure yet. He wants me to think about it." She looks on me with her eye brow raised.

I turned around and went in the kitchen. I saw a pizza hut box with left overs. Guess I'm eating that tonight. I took some of the pizzas in a plate with some juice.

As I was going up the stairs I heard her voice saying, "Just follow your heart. Sometimes it's hard but I trust that you will make the right decision."

I closed my room door and turned on the TV. I ate off my pizza and got a bath. I started to text my friends in our whatsapp group messaging.

Jasmine : I'm home safe so no one has to worry.
Keesha : I heard Jake is back. Cant believe I missed the show down between Jake and him.😏
Lucy : I'm just happy that you're home and okay.
Karlie : You have to tell me details on Jake.
Jasmine : Tomorrow I will. Im too tired so goodnight.

They all replied back but I drifted off to sleep.