Chapter 1 - My Life

Jasmine POV

Hey, My name is Jasmine Brown. I have brown eyes, long curly hair and a hour glass shape. I've got a great personality and a killer smile. I've been living in New York with my aunt.

My mom died when I was 10 years old. She died in car accident. Although it happened a long time ago, I still have flashbacks of her from time to time. My dad isn't really in my life. I've met him less than 5 times in my entire life. He has a whole different family with his wife.

So, It's just me and my auntie. Her name is Veronica. She worked very hard in the day and even took on night shifts. In the mean time I go to college with my best friends.

"Jasmine!" screamed Keesha.

Gosh! I'm moving as fast as I can.

I was almost finished getting ready for school. I had on a blue jeans with black tank top and heels. I put on a bit of mascara and lip gloss.

I took up my bag and rushed down stairs. I grabbed an orange juice out of the fridge. Pancakes were left on the counter.

"I know you're late but you should try and eat" said Aunt Veronica. I took a big bite off the plate and thanked her.

I went outside seeing Keesha in her Mercedes Benz. She started the engine so I rushed inside the vehnicle. Keesha was one of my best friends. She had blue eyes and a very slim body figure with long blonde hair. She had on a blue dress that was sucked onto her body.

"Do you think Alec would like this?" She said.

"It looks good but make sure you can move in that dress. You looked so beautiful plus Alec should know by now that you're one in a million."

She turned and smiled at me. "Jasmine, you are attractive too but thank you", she answered.

I smiled back at her and enjoyed the ride as she speeded off.

We both arrived at school and started walking through the gate. Guys were always staring and whistling at us. They kept calling our names while we both laughed up the stairs.

Lucy and Karlie found us in the hall. They were basically twins with opposite personalities. Karlie was in a ruffle dress that stop to her ankles while Lucy had on black hoodie with gray jeans.

"Let's go ladies! We cant afford to be late for Algebra Class."

We all rushed inside and sat at the back of the room. The teacher came in shortly and began the class. He turned his back as he started to write equations on the board.

We eventually started to talk about the things that happened on the weekend. Lucy was the quietest out of all of us. Karlie and Keesha were talking about shopping for new clothes while Lucy stared through the window.

I moved right beside her and asked "Are you okay?" and she turned to give me a smile and said, "Of course."

I didn't believe her. We were close friends so I knew that something troubled her. We shared many personal stuffs with each other.

I still gave her the unsure look and a nod at the same time.

"I know that you care for me, Jasmine but it's nothing really. It's not that I dont trust you cause you are my closest friend so just drop it now please" said Lucy.

She squeezes my hand and look straight in my eyes. I looked into her eyes and saw pain and misery. I made a frown on my face and open my mouth to speak but she just shook her head.

"I'm here if you need me" I muttered softly and she just smiled.

The bell finally rang.

We all rushed out of class at the same time. Alec came right behind Keesha and holded her. She turned to him and kissed him.

"Finally! You guys made it official" shouted Karlie. We started to cheer for them as they walked away. Then suddenly someone put their hands on my upper back.

I turned around and realise it was Justin. He was one of my closest friends, and also one of the cutest guys in the school. Plus he had a mysterious side to him. His messy curly hair was hanging down his forehead while he was smiled at me.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" I noded and excused myself from the group.

He started to flirt with me.

I took a thread of hair out of his face while he stared into my eyes.

"Jasmine, I've always had a crush on you and you are the most gorgeous woman my eyes have ever seen. I hope I dont sound cliche but..."

He started to ramble but I was too distracted by a pair of hands holding my waist my behind.

Lucy and Karlie started to make weird gestures as they watched everything from the side . I started to get nervous as I watched Justin's expression changing. His eyes flickered to a tall figure behind me.

I saw a certain ring on the right finger that held onto me.

I started to remember that I had a similar promise ring that was given to me.

That's when I realised it was him.

I even smelled his sweet cologne in the atmosphere.

Suddenly, I couldn't hear the voices around the hall.

The whole world shutted out as his hands gripped me tighter.

I hold my breath and turned around to find his green eyes staring right into my soul.