Chapter 7 - Helping A Friend In Need

Jasmine POV

"I'll drive you." Jake says

I hurried up the stairs and change out my house clothes. I immediately slipped on a black dress and put my hair in a pony tail. I texted my aunt that I'll be out late because of an emergency.

"I need you to take me to Memorial Hospital."

He agreed so we left out as fast as soon as possible. I started to worry. He could see it on my face. Lucy didn't tell me what was wrong but she stated that it was something really bad.

He started to hold my hands and whispered "Everything will be fine."
He wouldn't stop assure me.

"Please stop! You don't know that" I yelled.

"Jasmine, I want to be there with you. Do you...? he tried to speak but I stopped him.

"Jake, I'm begging you to stop. Stop comforting me like this. Just stop all of this!"

I felt so guilty for making out with him. I got lost in the moment. I just betrayed Justin. I can't believe that I let Jake kiss me. It was so wrong but why did it felt so right?

He looked at me while driving and shouted 'No!'

I felt so terrible in the car but I tried not to show it. Justin trusted me even though we weren't official. I knew this would hurt him. Why did I have to give in?! My body gave in but my heart was still torn between the both of them.

Tears started to come from my eyes so I turned my to the window. Jake wouldn't stop trying to see my face.

"I know something is wrong with your friend but that doesn't explain why you would react like this. You won't even let me see your face."

The tears came down harder. I was torn between too guys while trying not hurt either of them. Look how that turn out now! Justin doesn't deserve this.

Then suddenly I heard out of his mouth "It's Justin. Isn't it? I saw how you reacted to him in class. It's because of him you suddenly feel this way. You feel something for him."

He looked so depress. I felt so terrible and more guilty as ever. I needed to be honest. I let out a huge breath and I uttered "Yes"

It broke him. He looked like his whole world was just shattered. This was all my fault for not choosing who I wanted to be with. Now it looks like I'm playing both of them.

His voice cracked," Jasmine, Please tell me who do you want. Do you want him or me?"

"I need time. I haven't chosen as yet so I don't know."

I knew I still love Jake and that's why the decision was so hard. Another reason was because I grew feelings for Justin.

We finally reached the hospital. Jake decided to follow me through the building. I've informed the receptionist her name and she gave me the room number.

I quickly found the room and dashed inside out of breath to find Lucy barely conscious. She was hooked up to the machine while laying on her back.

Jake decided to wait outside the door while I speak to her. I went straight over her bed and held her hand. She had bruises everywhere on her body. Her arms had cuts up to her shoulders.

"What happened?" I asked

"Jasmine, I don't want to lie to you" she uttered

I could hardly hear her. I realised that there were red marks all around her neck.

"Well, I'm not going here until you tell me. I'm your best friend. I won't leave you. I care so much for you. So please tell me Lucy.

"He's been hitting me." He broke the glass on me while choking me to death. I was left unconscious."

" OMG!! Who is he?!?!?" I yelled

"He's my ex-bf. We had a serious fight because of his jealousy. He just got really angry that Justin gave me a ride home . It was just a friendly ride but he took it another way. I told him I couldn't take it and I was leaving." she says

"I didn't even know that Justin carried you home. It's good that you're not going back to him. You have to come and stay with me. My aunt will welcome you with open arms." She smiles at me as I spoke.

"Okay, Please don't tell anyone else, not even Justin. He'll feel so terrible." I just nod at her.

Jake and the doctor came inside. I was happy that she could leave. She was finally being discharge with us. I helped her off the bed and through the building we went.

The drive was super quiet going home. I already informed my aunt that I was coming home with her.

In the night, we've finally arrive at the house. The bright lights coming from his car shinned through the windows. My aunt suddenly came outside to help her.

She was too tired so Jake carried her bags inside. They went upstairs while Jake and I stayed downstairs.

"I'm sure that she's fine now. It's good that you were there for her. You've always had a good heart. A heart that I'm still seeking after."

We stared into each other eyes. I got lost in his green sparkling eyes. For a moment I thought what life would like with Jake.

He broke the silence .
"I think that's my cue to leave."

I wanted to say something but I didn't know what exactly to say. Plus, he already turned his back to leave. So, all I could do was watch him walk through that door.