Chapter 5

In Jitters, Iris locked up the doors for closing. Then a streak of yellow lighting blazed past her. The Flash was standing in the loft part of the coffee shop. "Iris." he voice sounding echoey and sounding like the voice box was vibrating.
"Flash," Iris said in awe. "Be great to call you by your real name."
"You mean like Ralph?" The Flash said jokingly, sneaking a smile.
"Is your name Ralph?" Iris asked as if she thought he was being serious.
"What did you want to see me about?" The Flash said changing the subject of conversation quickly.
"My boyfriend, he's..." Iris started.
"Did you guys break up?" He interrupted Iris and sounded hopeful.
"No."
"Oh," Flash said sounding disappointed.
"He's a cop and he thinks you're dangerous. And he's trying to convince his boss that you're a menace that needs to be stopped." she paused. "I thought I should warn you." She paused again. "Anyways, you should probably go." She paused again waiting for him to whoosh out of the coffee shop. He was just standing there. "You're not going."
The Flash was going to respond when Cisco was calling him through the ear comms. "Barry, are you there?"
"What?" he said still using his vibrating and echoey voice to communicate through the earpiece.
"The police got a ping from the tracer hidden in the stolen cash. SWAT team's closing in on the 1600 block of Pass." Cisco informed him the important stuff that was happening currently. "And when you get back to the Cortex we need to have a talk with Mitch."
"Now stop ruining Iris' love life and go." Caitlin chimed in on another mic on another line.
"I've gotta run." he said to her.
"I bet you say that to all the girls."
"What other girls?" he asked jokingly. Then he sped past Iris and left Jitters to get to the 1600 block.