three

"guys!" john b shouted, causing everyones attention to be on us. "we have a new member!" he carried on.

Everyone started walking our way, all with a smile on their faces.

"Hey!" The first person to introduce theirselves was kiara. "I'm guessing jb's given you all the info on us." I nodded in agreement. one by one everyone introduced theirselves and made me feel welcome into the group.

"So.." John b spoke, placing his hands on his knees. "Wanna come see your new home?" Everyone looked a bit taken aback as those words came out of his mouth. He turnt to them. "anna moved here from atlanta and was planning on staying in her van but it broke and now shes kind of homeless." i laughed. "wow what a subtle way to put it john b." he put his hand on his heart acting hurt. i slapped his shoulder jokingly and told him to lead the way.

we got to the front door and paused. "now, this isn't anything all to special, okay?" i looked him in the eyes. "im sure its a million times better than sleeping on the streets." jj looked at me with sorrowful eyes. "especially with agatha, shes took a turn and headed our way." pope chimed in, coming through the door and sitting on the sofa next to kie who was fast asleep.

i walked around looking at the photos on the walls, john b followed. i pointed towards an ancient, dusty photo with an old man on it. he had grey hair, round glasses and was with a pale girl. "thats dad, he disappeared at sea nine months ago looking for a shipwreck." i suddenly felt bad for asking. "i miss him." i put my hand on his arm comforting him anyway i could, because i knew what it felt like to lose the person you love the most with no explanation on where they are or if they're even alive still.

-

hours passed. john b and pope had gone out leaving me, kie and jj in the chateau by ourselves. kie was still fast asleep and jj was eating pretty much anything he could find in the cupboards. i needed to go and get my bags from john b's van but rain was gushing down outside.

"hey, jj?" i spoke. "yep?" he muffled with a mouth full of a peanut butter sandwich. "is there a hoodie anywhere so i can go grab my bags?" i asked. "yeah, go grab one of mine from my room." he said, clearer this time. "thank you." i smiled at him thankfully.

i walked into jj's room, the smell of his cologne hit me immediately. the bed wasn't made and clothes were over the floor, but it was a boys room what else did i expect? i found my way over to his chest of drawers and selected a worn down black 'patagonia' hoodie with a small hole on the sleeve, it smelt of him too. i slipped it on over my bandeau top and walked out of his room.

jj looked at me as i closed his bedroom door. "looks better on you." he said with a smirk. butterflies took over in my stomach as those words left his mouth. i smiled at him quickly trying to hide the fact i had gone completely red and walked out the door to go grab my bags.

shortly after, john b and pope arrived back at the chateau. "those waves are crazy." john b laughed. kie rose immediately. "you surfed the surge?!" pope looked at john b trying not to laugh. "kie go back to sleep and stop being such a mom." john b replied. kie got up and made a coffee. "i'm gonna go change into my pyjamas." i said. "can i change in your room?" i asked, looking at jj. "yeah sure." he replied.

i walked into the familiar room and got undressed. i picked out of my bag some old leggings and decided to wear one of justin's old tops to feel more at home. i stood there in my undergarments for a good few minutes holding justin's tee shirt up to my nose, closing my eyes and taking in the scent. "i miss yo-" jj walked straight into the room. "oh my god, im so sorry it's been a few minutes to i figured.." i threw a pillow at him to use to cover his eyes. quickly i put on my pyjamas and laughed, playing it off trying to act cool. "its fine." i laughed again. "not going to lie, i didnt hate what i saw completely.." he said, laughing back. i walked up to him and hit him jokingly before walking out the room and grabbing a blanket and joining kie in the living room, going to sleep.