six

They all pulled away from the hug eventually, leaving me there with a smile on my face as the thought of finally having a loving family entered my mind.

JJ was the first to speak up. "Anna." I looked up into his eyes. "We would never treat you anything like that." I smiled even more at his response. "Yeah." Kie chimed in. "You're not alone." John b said whilst putting one arm over my shoulder. Pope smiled at me with reassurance, i smiled back before a tear escaped my eye. A happy tear. "Thank you guys, now lets go check this boat out?" I responded and got nods back. "Yeah, lets."

John b headed over to the compartment where the anchor was hidden. "John b.." kie said with worry in her voice. He looked at her. "What?" Before kie could say anything pope spoke "Diver down fool." JJ pushed him in the water.

Me, Kie, Pope and JJ headed over to the bow of the boat waiting for him to resurface. "Should we go get him.." Pope asked with worry in his voice. Before anyone could respond John B rose above the water, coughing and gasping for air.

He climbed back onto the hms pogue and showed us all a motel key. "A key." Pope said with a hint of disappointment in his voice. John B looked at him. "Yes, a key, pope." JJ spoke up next. "Great! We salvaged a motel key." I looked at them all. "Guys maybe we should report the wreck to the coast guard or something.." Kie looked at me with agreement. "Yeah, maybe we'll get a finders fee and not have to work all summer!"

We pulled up outside the coast guard. JJ and John B went and spoke to them whilst the rest of us waited on the dock. Shortly after they returned. "It's packed, the only way we're gonna find out who owns the boat is through this."John B said whilst dangling the motel keys in front of his face. Pope looked concerned "It could be anyones."

John B threw the keys to kie. "Come on i'll be look out." She said reassuring pope.

  ✘✘

After a short drive we reached the outside of the motel. "This looks like a shit show." I said exploring the area with my eyes. "Motel or meth lab?" Kie said looking very unimpressed. "You be the judge." Pope replied. As we neared the bank JJ mimicked a speaker phone. "This is your captain speaking. HMS pogue comin' in for landing." I chuckled as he  hopped off the boat and a loud 'whoo' escaped his mouth. pope tapped john b on the shoulder "Hey, don't let him do anything stupid." Clearly talking about JJ as he pointed at him. "Oh we will." jj joked. "I'm not making promises." John B replied. "Anyone else coming?" John B asked. "Anna you should go you're the most mature out of us all , keep them in line." Kie practically begged me. "Fine." I replied rolling my eyes. I walked off the boat and stood next to JJ.

Kie walked towards John B. "Hey, be careful." She handed him the keys. "I mean it." She looked him in the eyes this time. "Yeah." He responded. Me and JJ exchanged confused looks and then winked in a sarcastic way. Me, John B and JJ walked up the stairs of the motel, John B was a little ahead. JJ then walked up behind him. "Just be so careful John B." He said whilst grabbing hold of John B's cheeks. He brushed him off. JJ didnt give up. "Oh! Be so careful John B. Just give me that John D already." John B once again brushed him off trying to play it cool. "You're the one always hitting on her." John B said. Clearly thats the only comeback he could come up with. "Dude, of course im hitting on her. She's a super hot, rich, hippie chick slumming with us."

I felt a rush of sadness hit over me as i trailed behind. Why though? I couldn't quite figure that out. It hurt me a lot. do i have feelings for jj? surely not.. ive only known him for 2 days.

We approached a door with read '229'. JJ knocked on the door in a rhythmical pattern "Housekeeping." He said in a high pitched, squeaky voice. John B put the key through the hole and turned it. He opened the door to reveal a dark room. One by one we walked in holding up our flash lights.

I headed over to the bathroom to check it out whilst the boys looked around in the main bedroom area. I walked back into the other room to see JJ posing with a gun. I laughed. "See someone finds it funny." He said whilst pointing towards me and giving me a smirk. "Hot." i said. Quickly realising I thought out loud. Before anyone had the chance to say anything a large noise came from the window. We looked out to see pope and kie mouthing 'cops'. "Shit." I said, sliding the window open and trying to crawl out. The boys quickly put the room back together.

The boys came out just in time before the door swung open. JJ pushed me against the wall and he lead his head in the crook of my neck, closing his eyes. My eyes widened as i felt something press on my back. "Uhm- JJ." I whispered being careful not to make too much noise. "I cant help it, what do you expect you're hot and my dick is literally right near your ass-" John B shushed us making us both go silent. JJ moved a little to make it so i  couldn't feel it on my back anymore then, suddenly, there was a loud crash. the gun from the hotel room fell out his pocket.

The blinds opened and JJ pulled me to the side, wrapping his arm around my waist. I leaned into him so I wouldn't get caught. After a while of staying in that position the officers finally left and the boys slid of the roof. I looked down to see john b heading towards the hms pogue and jj holding his arms out ready to catch me. I was hesitant but jumped down for jj to catch me. He put me down not letting go of my wait until i said thankyou, planted a small kiss on his cheek and walked off. I left him stood there froze because of my actions.