four

i woke up on the pullout bed to see the whole crew in front of me talking between each other on the sofas. i picked up my phone looking at the time to also see that there was no service.
"no service?" i asked looking at everyone.
"good morning to you too anna, and no there isn't, there never is after a hurricane here." jj replied.

i got up to make a coffee. "anyone been outside yet?" i asked whilst walking towards the door, coffee in hand. a bunch of 'no's came from the group. i opened the door, jj and john b following me. "well shit." i spoke. "oh man." john b said whilst walking down the stairs. "thats no good.. that is not good." he carried on, looking at a fallen tree. "agatha did some work huh?" jj said whilst all three of us took leaves and branches out of the hms pogue.

"what you thinking?" jj spoke again. "im thinking that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on marsh maze." he replied, still taking branches out of the boat. "all those drum are gonna chase the crab." he continued. i looked up at him squinting slightly due to the sun. "what about the DSC? wasn't that today?" i asked him whilst taking a sip of my coffee. "nah they're not getting on a ferry." i nodded.
"come on think about it! its god tellin' us to fish." john b said, pointing to the waters with a branch.

i walked inside changing into a red bandeau bikini top with white ribbed bottoms and over the top put on one of john b's t shirts and blue denim shorts. then, exited the chateau with pope and kie following shortly behind.

we were going through the docks looking at the damage caused by the hurricane. "agatha what did you do!" jj spoke. "she is a crazy lady." john b butted in.

kie and i moved to the front of the boat catching a tan and i turnt on my bluetooth speaker, opening up spotify and shuffling my downloaded playlist. 'up up' by sandollar started playing. pope sped up the boat and john b let out an excited 'whoop!'

"hey kie can you pass me a beer, babe?" i asked, leaning on my elbows to sit myself up a little. "yeah, sure." she replied whilst passing me a budweiser. i opened it up and took a sip to notice jj looking at me. i pretended i didn't notice and carried on joking around with kie.

jj walked towards the bow of the boat. "hey pope, can you go a little faster please?" pope shook his head and sighed. "doesn't work, we've tried this like 6000 times." jj leaned his head backwards. "i got this. it's gonna work!" jj said whilst tipping the backwards and completely missing his mouth. "you're getting beer in our hair!" kie shouted, laughing with me.

pope slowed the boat down a little before it jolted to a stop, sending jj, me and kie flying into the water. quickly, i resurfaced with kie next to me. "you okay jj?" i asked. "i think my heels touched the back of my head." he replied. me and kie swam back towards the boat climbing on whilst laughing at him. i let out my hand helping jj climb back on when i noticed something in the water. "hey guys.. i think theres a boat down there." i pointed towards it showing everyone where it was. "holy shit, shes right lets go." john b said.

i peeled off my wet shorts and t-shirt and jumped in before anyone else, diving down to the bottom and holding on to the roof of the boat. i took a look at it, knowing straight away what boat it was. i used to have one back in atlanta. my parents were crazy rich before they started spending all their money on drugs. i kicked my feet off the top of the boat and gasped for air as soon as my head was above the water. "holy shit.. thats a brand new grady white." everyone looked at me in shock, not knowing i knew anything about boats. "a new one of those is 500 G's easy!" i spoke again. everyone looked at me. still confused. "i used to have one back home.." kie was the first to speak. "holy shit girl you need to tell us everything." i let out a nervous chuckle.