A/N : An Introduction

Hello everyone,

I am back with another story on AnuPre, and this one is quite lengthy! :D

I normally don't like to provide much context to my stories, I like the story to convey all the information but this one calls for some key pointers. I feel these are some stuff I'd like to open my readers mind to, before they begin reading, because my story largely revolves around these themes, this time around!

1. Impact of broken families on children

This one is very common and there are various counseling sessions/ therapies available for little children to help cope with these; however the level of awareness for such provisions are very less and hence very few children who really need them, actually attend them - these unresolved issues of parental abandonment, though subtle and show no impact on a child's regular life and short term behavior, they are deep seated and often form the fundamental stepping stone of their adulthood personalities, interaction and belief systems.

We must spread the word out there, if you are not happy with your partner, you should absolutely break free, but in doing so, take extra care of your little one and let them not carry the baggage of their parents failed relationships into their life and future.

2. The stigma around Mental Health

Perhaps the most marketed social cause of the last couple of years will be spreading the awareness on mental health and emotional well being - but does it really reach the right ears? We say we are open to it, but if we feel we need some help, do we actually go out there and seek it? Forget going to visit a therapist, most people don't even talk to their close ones - not only can this simple step save lots of lives, it can even improve the quality of so many lives! We tell others to go see a therapist when they feel, no judgement will be passed, but then why do we judge ourselves when we need to visit one?

Visiting a shrink should be as natural and organic as visiting a general physician, what's bottled up inside, and sometimes for years, they do more damage to us than we can imagine - sometimes we have a go at an absolutely perfect life, but we cannot seize it - our mental inhibitions stop us - we must talk to people, hear them and most importantly hear our own self - do we need help?

3. Consensual Sexual Intercourse between to legal adults

While love, romance etc. are amazing feelings and always leave a warm feeling inside us, but lust isn't worth disrespect either - this is a choice : to love or to not; to be emotionally available or not to be and it has nothing to do with sex. If 'making-love' while being emotionally involved with the person is a choice and is often applauded for, then just 'having casual sex' and keeping emotional attachment out of the way is another choice that should be respected if not applauded. The idea is to always have the two involved people on the same page - on whatever choice they make

It is legal, it is practical and convenient for many, it is a reaction to an emotional trauma for some - but whatever maybe the trigger, the idea is to be accepting of such choices if people make them and not judge them - such choices don't make the people 'bad', 'dark' or in anyway 'negative'. Many a times I have read stories where the antagonist is the antagonist because he believes in 'no strings attached' relations, or has a casual approach to sex or isn't monogamous - We should open up to the silliness of such societal biases and really let people be! We especially as writers shouldn't pen down a story that reeks of close mindedness - after all writers are social influencers!

4. The one dimensional approach towards Adultery

This is the last topic I want to touch upon; adultery is hurtful to the person at the receiving end of it - no one denies that; the person who faces it gets the love and sympathy of all - again absolutely deserving they are to it. However, not always do all adulteries come from the place of non-discretion or disrespect towards ones' existing partner - we all are believers of love right? Sometimes it just happens at a wrong time in life - should people just let go of something special just because it has arrived at a time of inconvenience? In our regular life, do we always stand firm on ideal morals? It's just that sometimes (again, not in all cases) it is unfortunate that you meet someone late in life and you break free - this action may hurt the other person in the relationship but doesn't this person also deserve a benefit of doubt? Does it make them a villain really?

No one in the real world, lives in the complete 'white' of life, and very few in the complete 'black' too - we all are living a life of various shades of grey and hence the idea is to be open to being compassionate before passing a judgement - we are not saints, we are not sinners - we are ordinary people with ordinary stories - and everyone must acknowledge this simple truth!

Finally, why did I start with such a huge 'lecture'? :D :P

Yes, I am sure most of you readers are already aware and agreeable with all the pointers I have called out - some may agree and some might have a varying opinion - let's not debate on that - let's just happily agree to disagree in some places .

These were necessary call outs for this story because, without this framework in mind, you as readers will not be able to understand the character sketch of Anurag, Prerna or even Rishav Bajaj in my story. You will not appreciate the grey yet human side to them - you will not be able to appreciate the beauty of an extraordinary love story between absolutely ordinary, flawed people - who fall, make bad choices, struggle and finally stand up with their head held high.

***

Do let me know how you feel about my introduction to the story so far - would love to hear your views on it. The story is almost complete at my end (last 2/3 chapters left); I will start posting chapters from tomorrow - I was thinking of posting two chapters a day - but then these are really long chapters, I don't think as readers you can do justice to reading two a day. Do read the first chapter and then let me know, I am open to posting more than one a day!

Looking forward to your love, opinion and thoughts on my new work!

Much love,

Aafrah.