Chapter 17: The Blast From The Past

A/N : Dear Readers, what can I say. I am writing this book with a lot on emphasis on raising awareness around mental health - that's what my first 'Author's Note' spoke about even before I published my first chapter. You guys have supported the story and thereby the cause by loving it, sharing your views on it and this story has moved 200+ ranks upwards because of that - it is now on #463 out of ~28K stories on mental health.

However, I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about this, but I feel it imperative to call out my sense of loss after hearing the news of an eminent actor committing suicide. Sushant Singh Rajput - a great actor, a young boy, a bright star - he lost himself to the darkness - the one my characters are fighting in this story. Difference between truth and fiction is that, my characters will win but Sushant didn't. I would like to offer my deepest condolences and hope more and more people fight the fight - and most importantly they come out victorious.

About the story:

So, the last couple of chapters were a bit of a fluff, I felt it was a much needed respite after the angsty phase of dealing with Anurag's demon in the first part of the story - I'm glad you enjoyed that but now it's time we slowly dive back to intensity with Prerna's side of the story, her healing process.

Lastly, I would like to shout out to all the Rishabh Bajaj fans reading this (if any) or KSG fans - so this chapter finally marks the entry of Rishabh Bajaj in the story - he is key in Prerna's life so a lot of this part of the story will witness his presence - I promise you more AnuPre but, Mr. Bajaj will have his presence felt too - hence I called this fiction as AnuPreRish story and not just AnuPre.

I hope you enjoy reading this chapter!

Happy Reading!

Much love,

A.

********************************************************

The guests had finally started to arrive at the venue to meet and greet Nivi and Anupam; they looked radiant and happy to be together. Anurag and his father were personally attending to guests and greeting them; people were gathered in small groups on different tables that were allotted to them in the lawn, all facing the stage where Nivi sat with Anupam.

Prerna was taken aback when she realised which table her name was allotted against, she hurriedly went to talk to Anurag, but he was with his father, greeting the guests. Prerna contemplated whether she should go to him then, but what other option did she have? Nivi and Anupam were on the stage surrounded by guests, and shortly they'd all need to sit anyway. She decided to talk to Anurag.

"Anurag, do you have a minute?" she asked cautiously as she approached them, Anurag turned around and smiled.

"Of course, tell me Prerna" he said as he gently held her elbow. She became conscious at once, because his gesture didn't go unnoticed by Anurag's father who then turned around. She gently pulled her hand away and Anurag looked at her surprised.

"Actually, really sorry to bother you now, but I think there is some issue in the seating order" she mumbled stealing glances at Anurag's father who was now looking at her.

"What issue?" asked Anurag urgently.

"Actually, they placed me in your family table" she mumbled looking down, "I mean I suppose I should sit with Shivi, Rakhi, Parth and all right?" the moment she mentioned Parth, she bit her tongue, now she had it; Anurag stiffened at the mention of Parth, but her cute expression calmed him down, he smiled.

"Relax Prerna, that's no mistake at all; since Anupam's parents couldn't make it due to his father's surgery, Anupam wanted you to represent his family." he smiled, then further added, "Plus you are much closer to us than Shivi, Rakhi and whoever you just mentioned, right?" then he winked; Prerna smiled; true it would be awkward sitting in that table with Anurag's father, but Anupam's gesture overwhelmed her.