Chapter 8 : Unburdening Him, Liberating His Soul

A/N : Hello readers, although I comment on each feedback individually, but I cannot help telling you once again, how precious your votes and comments are to me. If you look forward to my next chapter everyday, I look forward to all you love every day! Given the current global situation - a little bit of love can go a long way ! So a 'dil se' Thank You for all your generosity!

Now coming to the chapter.

CAUTION! This is a very deep, intense and emotional chapter detailing about Anurag; but please note that this is his perspective - we still don't know if this is the whole truth or not - we will get to that too at some point in this story, but that is content for another chapter later :)

For now, sit back, relax and enjoy the chapter and don't forget to show me some love and even criticism if you deem that fit - but do let me know what you feel about this chapter - FYI even from the story line perspective, this is a critical chapter - I'd say read the full thing!

Much love,

A.

************************************************************

"What's wrong with you Prerna?" Anurag asked, there was both worry and anger plastered in his face.

"And hello to you too Anurag. What brings you here?" she replied coldly, his words from their earlier conversation still stung.

"What brings me here? Can you please check your phone? You might find an answer there" he shot back.

Prerna looked at him with confusion clear on her face. After her call she had tossed the phone aside on the couch in anguish; she quickly reached for her phone and was surprised to see no less then eighteen missed calls from Anurag, the last one being five minutes back; he had even sent her three text messages.

[Prerna, you know I didn't mean that; and I said I'm sorry. I was just upset with the whole Nivi thing. Can we talk?]

[Hey, I get it you're mad, but I've been calling for thirty minutes now, please stop ignoring my calls, I need to talk to you]

[Listen, it's been forty minutes and it's not funny anymore. Just tell me you're fine, else I am coming by if I don't receive a response in the next ten minutes]

Prerna looked up from the phone to find Anurag pacing before her, he seemed really worried or really angry, she couldn't tell – maybe both?

"Sorry, my phone was on night mode, calls were silenced. I didn't see them." Prerna had softened after seeing his concern, but a part of her was still mad at him – her love life, her Rishabh was always a touchy subject and it made her inherently defensive. On that after such a long time, he had managed to make her actually shed tears for Rishabh and forced her to relive her long gone memories, she was upset and hollow and like in the past, such feelings always induced anger in her- hence she was in no mood to understand his concern right now. Anurag had to deal with it.

"Listen, are you alright?" he asked, she could see his worry for her wellbeing was surpassing his anger.

"I don't see why I shouldn't be Anurag, why are you suddenly so worried for me?" she responded with an icy cold voice. Hearing her, Anurag lost his cool, he couldn't place why she was acting so pricy, they have been vulnerable before each other, then why was she closing out on him today? He panicked, no, he couldn't let Prerna draw away from him; he needed her.

"Yes, why should I worry indeed? Of course your puffy eyes that are the size of a taxi headlight right now aren't any indication. Can you just stop this act and talk to me? Like really talk?" he flared in anger.