Chapter 24 : Don't Walk Away From Me

A/N : Hello everyone! So from what I take in, the last chapter was really well received by you all! It got you thinking, and you all had a lot of lovely things to say about it! Thank You for the kind words, for the votes and for the love.

I am very excited to present this chapter to you as I know you will enjoy it - it is an out-an-out ANUPRE chapter after long, I am sure after the deprivation in the last couple of chapters, you will enjoy it more ;P

So, no more jibber-jabber, I will let you read!

Happy Reading!

Much love,

A.

****************************************************

Prerna walked out of the washroom, with a frown, this was unexpected – maybe that's why she was complaining of a lower back pain she thought to herself, but her monthly cycles weren't due in another fifteen odd days. She shrugged the thought off, she had more pressing matters in her mind right then – her conversation with Anupam had opened a flood gate of myriad thoughts and feelings in her – her realisation of love for Anurag overwhelmed her, it empowered her, it scared her; what should she do, should she tell him how she felt? He did have the right to know, but what about their arrangement? Anurag had only started to believe in love, he didn't need to settle for a person with so much emotional baggage as her, he should go out there, meet a nice woman, love her, not Prerna – but being as close as he was to her, wouldn't hiding it from him be unfair? But even if she did tell him, how'd she explain the Rishabh angle? How would he ever get it? He only just started to believe in love, he wouldn't have the emotional maturity to grasp her end of the deal. No, she thought to herself, for Anurag's sake, her feelings had to be inside her – plus she didn't know as yet if she had to choose, whether Anurag will ever find a place where Prerna would choose him over Rishabh – personally she didn't think that would ever happen.

Prerna was not feeling too great again, she tried to calm down; hadn't the doctor and Rishabh both told her she had to be stress free? She needed to clear her mind off all these questions right now – she tried to drink some water to calm down, but it only increased her puke-ish feeling – she wasn't worried, she was having a heavy flow today and whenever that happened she always felt a bit bloated and nauseated; she was trying to relax and focus towards how she was going to tell Anurag about her past two days with Rishabh – she had to tell him something, some information about Rishabh and a little bit of the backstory – of course she'd spare him of the gory details, but some context before she could explain her lie to him – she hoped Anurag won't be too offended at her lie, because between her health and all the pressing matter her mind was crumpling under, she didn't know if she had what it would take to pacify him; she'd try her best though – how could she not, it was Anurag, she couldn't ever see him hurt – not even at the time when she didn't love him; Prerna smiled and looked at her watch – Anurag would arrive anytime now – not before long, her doorbell rang, she ran towards it – her sunshine had arrived.

Anurag walked into her apartment, she looked radiant as she beamed at him. Jalandhar seemed to have done some magic on her, in less than two days she seemed to have recovered well; he felt satisfied – he had been dwelling with all that Mishka had told him about Prerna and Mr. Bajaj and he was dying to know Prerna's side of the story – of course he knew it was mostly rubbish – Mishka was not in a state to say anything sensible at that point when she had maligned Prerna's name – he anticipated at most they must have known each other at some point, had a fling at best – what more could it be; wasn't Prerna deeply in love with someone? But he had not let any bit of his anxiety come across to her in the last two days as many times as they interacted. He was debating all the way to her place if he should broach the subject just yet, but had almost decided that he won't – but now seeing her bright and beaming he thought maybe it was worth a shot.