Chapter 16 : A Lot Like Love Indeed

A/N : Hello readers! First things first, I am very sorry for the delay in today's update - I know how much you guys wait for it and I felt really bad not delivering it to you on time! :(

BUT, in my defense, I have a TINY TOT at home (she says hello!), who has these 'Zoom Conference' reading sessions with her friends from play school - so every weekend, one-one parent takes up a 2 hrs reading session; only my li'l one forgot to tell me it was our turn this weekend! I spent all afternoon abridging 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' for them and all evening reading it! :D (I have to tell you it was fun!) - hence the delay!

Now, back to the story.

Well I think I have faffed enough already, and won't bore you further; let me not hold you back from reading the next chapter now! :)

Happy Reading!

Much love,

A.

********************************************************

Anurag woke up at the sound of his phone ringing, it was 11AM in the morning; he turned around and saw Prerna was not in bed with him, he turned towards the phone and Anupam's name flashed on it. He had a goofy smile on his face; Anupam and Nivi had no clue of what he had done, now all hell will break lose.

-        Good morning, Anupam

-        Anu, are you okay? I know you are disturbed, but trust me I will fix this, okay.

-        Anupam, are you always this caring? No wonder Nivi is madly in love with you

-        What? Anu are you okay? I think he's in shock Nivi, doesn't know what he's saying

Anurag heard him talk to Nivi who was possibly next to him; he laughed soundlessly, these two had no clue of his doings

-        Arre guys, I am fine. More than fine actually – today is your big day, focus on that okay? We will talk about me later

-        No Anu, what happened yesterday was bad – do something, you come to the the engagement venue a bit early, we can talk then – if you are late, people will start pouring in – it will get difficult.

-        Okay, Anupam. Calm down, I will be there in an hour and half max

He hung up the call and called out to Prerna, he wanted to discuss how and when she was going to the venue – could they even coordinate outfits maybe? He still had a silly smile on his face – but Prerna didn't respond; he was about to get out of bed and look for her in the other room when his eyes fell on his phone, there was a text notification from Prerna.

[Anurag, I am on decoration duty; I have to reach venue by 10AM so I am leaving now; if the place is not done as per Nivi's request, all hell will break lose. You sleep some more, then directly come to the venue, I shall see you there :)]

Anurag smiled, so he was alone in her apartment; this felt like a real relationship he thought. "Prerna Sharma, this is it, I am not leaving you – now I just need to talk to Anupam and Nivi and tell them my plan; and talk to Mishka too" he said out loud and before getting up from bed to get ready, he replied to Prerna's text.

[Okay, all the best with your duty. I am in charge of catering – I will be there in sometime. Also, send me a pic of what you're wearing; I will pick up something accordingly]

***

Prerna was talking to the guy who was arranging the flowers near the gate, she was instructing him how to arrange it, when she received Anurag's text; She blushed a little reading it, and quickly replied back.