Chapter Three

"That didn't go down well," Patrick said, putting the phone back on the hook and turning to face his wife Claire, who pulled a face.

"Hmm, well I can't say I'd be very impressed if Jenny rang you up when we were on a romantic weekend away," she commented.

"But they needed to know," Patrick said. "That woman is dangerous. She's made threats before, and seen them through, so if she's in the area.."

"She isn't though," Claire sighed. "Postmark says Manchester. I'm willing to bet she's staying with Zamian. He went back there when we split up."

Patrick nodded. "What do we do? Do we go and speak to her? What do you think?"

Claire stared into the distance, in the direction of where Dexter and Andrew were, sitting in the lounge watching television. "I think I should try. You should stay out of it, though. After what she did to your family I don't think it would be wise for you to see her. But if I go, I could try and warn her off."

Patrick nodded. He had many reasons to hate Elizabeth Kassie. Not only had she kidnapped his son and stabbed his wife, but she had effectively ended his marriage by reuniting Jenny and Paul as a result of those actions. "Alright. If you trust her. She sounds upset with you."

"I think if I ignore her, she'll get more upset. She might even come down here. We don't want that."

"Alright. We need to tell Jenny and Paul though. Keep them in the loop."

Claire pouted, and folded her arms. "Whatever."

He walked towards her, and kissed her on the forehead. "Now, come on. Sulking will get you nowhere." He found her extremely alluring when she was in one of her strops. She was much feistier than his first wife, and their relationship had very different dynamics to his relationship with Jenny. For a start it was much more passionate. He knew that he wasn't second best in Claire's eyes. Perhaps he always had been last time, and that had manifested itself in his first marriage in more ways than one.

"I find it does," she purred.

"Come on," Patrick scolded, patting her on the head. "We have a busy morning. And I understand that you are having your nails done.."

"Guilty," grinned Claire. "So I can't come with you to Andrew's football, but you'll take Dexter, won't you?"

"Of course," Patrick agreed. They were a team, after all. He glanced around to see if he could spot where Andrew's football boots had ended up. He had two football kits as neither he nor Jenny were very good at remembering to send it backwards and forwards. He picked up the kit bag and left the kitchen. "You go, make yourself look even more beautiful than you are already."

He headed in the direction of the lounge. "Right, time to get ready for football.."

"Can I play, Pa-wick?"

"You can't play, Dexter," Andrew chided, as he turned off the television. "It's under tens."

"I am under ten..."

"You're under five, Dexter!"

"Maybe you and I could play a bit of football, while we're watching Andrew," Patrick suggested. "What do you think?"

Dexter nodded, and ran upstairs, presumably to find his kit. Patrick sat down next to Andrew. "Little brothers, hey?"

Andrew smiled.