porkbuns

"Hey everyone! I'd like you to meet someone!" Kiyoko called.

It was after school, and the time for (Y/N) to begin her new club activity had come. She watched as the boys paused what they were doing and approached her and Kiyoko. Sure enough, they were as tall as she expected, but she pointed out a few people that were (reassuringly) about her height.

"Go on, introduce yourself," Kiyoko gestured.

(Y/N) moved next to Kiyoko. "I'm (F/N) (L/N), and I'm a second year. It's nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you!" the boys greeted, bowing.

"She'll be helping me as a manager from now on," Kiyoko explained.

"Hey, I think I've seen her around!" recalled one of the boys. He was on the shorter side, his hair spiked up with the tips dyed blonde. He approached the girl asking, "You're in class four, right?"

(Y/N) was a bit surprised. "Yeah!"

"Awesome! I'm Nishinoya, and I'm in class 2!"

"Nice to meet you!" (Y/N) smiled. She also recognized a few other second years that were in her class—Ennoshita and Narita—to whom she greeted as well. She continued to familiarize herself with the rest of the players, until—

"Ah, (L/N)-san! It's good to see you!" called Sugawara.

(Y/N) eased up more after seeing him. "O-oh, hi Sugawara-san!"

"Eh? Sugawara-san, you know the new manager?!" exclaimed Nishinoya.

"Yeah! We met a few days ago," he replied. "Which reminds me, did you make it to class on time?"

She recalled what had happened earlier in the day, and blood rushed up to her cheeks. She remembered barely making it, and simply hoped that the boy had arrived in time for class.

"Yes, I did. Thank you for making me move, otherwise I probably really would've been late..," she trailed, placing a hand on the nape of her neck. "Ah, were you able to arrive on time as well?"

Sugawara grinned. "Yeah, the bell rang as soon as I stepped through the door."

"Eh?!" the girl exclaimed. "I'm sorry I almost made you late!"

"No need to apologize!" Sugawara reassured. "It's not like I was tardy."

He wasn't wrong there. (Y/N) gave him a closed-eyed smile and replied, "You're right. Well, at least let me repay your kindness... you've helped me quite a bit, even though we just met."

"(L/N)-san, I appreciate it, but you really don't need—"

"We can get pork buns later!!" (Y/N) exclaimed, her fist pumped.

"Count me in!" Nishinoya added.

(Y/N) continued to chat with the boys. Meanwhile, the team captain, Daichi, approached Kiyoko, who was watching from the distance. "This is your close friend, then, Shimizu?"

She nodded. "Yup. I'm glad that she's able to get along with them so easily. Normally, she's really shy."

"Well, I'm glad she's comfortable then."

As if on cue, the two watched as Nishinoya gave the second year a light nuggie, to which Sugawara made sure to remove his hand off.

A small irk mark appeared on Daichi's forehead. "Hey, you guys, stop messing around! Let's begin practice!"

"Okay!" the boys replied, and they began to set things up.

"I'll talk to you later then, (L/N)-san," said Sugawara.