interhigh

(Y/N) sat at her desk, a piece of paper and envelope in front of her. She was writing a letter to her parents in class, since she wouldn't have time after school due to the Interhigh that was later in the day.

Happy with her work, she folded the piece of paper and gently inserted it into the envelope, sealing it with a small sticker.

"(L/N), can you read the next passage?" her teacher suddenly asked.

(Y/N) was alarmed. She quickly stood up from her desk, and frantically picked up her book, proceeding to read the text before her.

After nervously dictating the clause, she sat back down with a sigh. She glanced at the clock, then looked out the window.

It's been a while since I've been in a stadium, she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can smell the Air Salonpas!" Hinata exclaimed.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It's the smell of a true tournament."

The team now arrived at the Sendai City Gymnasium, where teams all over Miyagi would compete to qualify for the next step— Nationals.

"I totally get it!" Nishinoya and (Y/N) exclaimed.

Nishinoya and Hinata looked at the girl. "Eh?"

The girl waved her hands and laughed. "Oh, it's nothing. I used to play and compete as well, and I just recognized the feeling."

"Really? What sport did you play?" asked Hinata.

"Uh—"

"Look, they're here!" someone exclaimed.

"They're huge!"

On that note, a bunch of boys walked in, practically towering over Karasuno. Their gray and turquoise jackets had the name "Date Tech" inscribed on them.

There was one specific player with white hair and no eyebrows (which Hinata didn't hesitate to point out aloud). He raised an arm and pointed at Asahi, causing everyone to gasp.

(Y/N) hid behind Kiyoko. T-They're so tall! They're like titans!

The teams continued to converse, while (Y/N) and Kiyoko went ahead to prepare other amenities. It wasn't long before the team was ready to warm up on the courts.

The two managers made their way up to Karasuno's cheering section, where they proudly hung the team's banner. After finishing, Kiyoko informed (Y/N) that she'd have to stay where she was, since only one manager was allowed on the bench.

"Yup! I'll cheer you guys on from here!" (Y/N) reassured.

Kiyoko smiled, and with a nod, headed back down to the courts. Meanwhile, another volleyball team walked past her. Two of the members stopped to chat with Hinata and Kageyama from the balcony. Judging by the team's club jacket, (Y/N) recognized them as the school Kiyoko told her about that they had a practice match with, which ended in her team's favor. She wasn't around at the time.

Feeling a bit uncomfortable near them, (Y/N) fiddled through her pockets to find her phone. What she didn't realize, however, was that the letter she had written to her parents had slipped out of her pocket.

Hey, how did you get here? She asked. I could've sworn I left you in my school bag...

She reached down to pick it up, when someone else had done it for her.