Chapter 24

Lauren’s POV:

I was eating waffles with my family and of course, with Camila. My hand was attached to Camila's hand. She was swaying our hands under the table. The whole meal, I wasn't paying attention at what Chris was saying. Instead, I was playing footsies with Camila under the table. 

Then we burst out laughing out of nowhere, making my family clueless. 

------------------------------------------

"I'll go home and get changed." Camila smiled. I led her at the front door, with my hand locked on hers.

"I'll be waiting, then." I chuckled. She broke free from my hand and walked away. But before she could, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her close to me.

She blushes a slight pink as I lean forward and pressed my lips against her ear. "You forgot something." I whispered. She giggled soflty then kissed my cheek.

"Is that okay?" 

"Nope." I smirked. Before she could say anything else, I crushed my lips against hers and pulled her closer to me. 

Seconds later, She kissed me back. She cupped her hands on my face then broke the kiss. "Aww..." I pouted. 

"I need to go home, Lauren." She said, in a parently-tone

"Just one more." I plead. 

She rolled her eyes then gave me a quick peck and ran away. A chuckle escaped my mouth. "Pick you up at 10!" I shouted.

"Can't wait!" She shouted back then disappeared along a long line of trees. I sighed then found myself smiling over nothing. 

There's no doubt, Last night was amazing. Making love to her was in fact the greatest thing that ever happened to me. At first, I was little worried. I mean... she's so innocent. And that one night ruined her innocence all because of me. 

But she told me she was happy. And I was happy, of course. Then that made us both happy. I suddenly slapped myself so that I could stop myself from smiling. I shook my head then cleared my throat. But at the moment I found myself smiling again. 

"Finally." A voice exclaimed. "What did I miss?" 

I knew that voice even though I wasn't looking. "A lot, Tay." I laughed then faced her. "You missed a lot." 

"Is it about that girl who used to be your best friend's girlfriend, became your crush, made you laugh, made you cry, made you feel miserable, made you feel pain and happiness at the same time, then eventually became the love of your life?" Taylor smiled. It made my mouth hang wide-open. She was right... definitely right.

"Yeah." I nodded. 

"So your dating Mila." She inhaled deeply then sighed. "Finally."

"I know." I smiled then my face turned blank. "But she's leaving." 

Great shock was written all over my sister's face as I continue to stare at a distance. Then there was a long and awkward silence.

"How are you taking it?" Taylor said in a gentle tone.

"Fine. You do know it's hard to pretend that she'll stay with you even it's not." I said in a dark tone then forced myself to laugh. "Then you'll wake up in the morning knowing that she's leaving you." I laughed until I could feel tears faling down my cheeks. "I-I-I don't know what to do anymore."

Soft sobs turn into heavy cries. Taylor hurriedly embraces me and hushed me. She continued rocking me back and forth, rubbing my back as I sobbed.