fourteen - new route.

Your POV

"I'm home.." I declared as I started taking off my shoes.

"You're pretty late today. You could've come with us to get meat buns.." My brother sighed.

"Sorry, duty calls!" I chuckled. "All that aside, today's game was really something."

I wasn't lying when I made that statement. It's been quite awhile since I've chanced upon an interesting volleyball game. A game between mere high schoolers, at that. I could foresee Karasuno High becoming a prodigious school in volleyball history.

"You're right.. we've gotten ourselves some pretty interesting first years this year." He smiled.

His smile wasn't his usual cheerful or calming smile. It was more sentimental and felt pretty desolate too.

Upon sudden realisation, I took an attempt at cheering him up.

"Um.. Kageyama-kun was amazing today. But you're still a much more amazing setter, nii-chan. Don't forget tha—"

"Ahahaha!" I was interrupted by his sudden spiritless laughter. "It's okay, Y/N. There's no way I'm gonna lose my seniority to my kouhais. It's what I strive to do. To help them grow, you know?"

I smiled at him softly.

Koushii-nii's always been like this. It's what makes him so meritorious. He's always putting others before himself, and that fact alone is really amazing.

But what was also amazing is his great determination to be somone his kouhais could always look up to.

"Of course," I replied. "Do your best, okay?"

-

the next day

"I swear, Saturday's game will never leave my head. It's gonna stay etched in there," Suzuko sighed.

"Have you never seen a much more intense volleyball match?" I inquired.

My friend shook her head. "No, but it's been a long time ever since I've seen a match so intriguing. Anyway, I've also heard from my brother that they're gonna have a practice match with Aoba Johsai next week."

My eyes widened. "Seriously, Seijoh? They're one of the top four schools in the prefecture.. that's crazy! Why did they even accept a practice match with a school like ours?"

Suzuko shrugged. "Dunno. Maybe it's got to do with certain connections or something. However, I heard that their captain, Oikawa Tooru, is a really good setter. Not to mention, he's a hot casanova too~"

Oikawa? Where have I heard that last name before..?

I just shrugged off the thought.

RING

"Oh well, that's the bell for lunch. Are you gonna remain in class again?" She asked.

"Yeah. It's always been my thing anyway," I smiled.

-