nine - game time!

Your POV

-

Saturday

"It seems that Suzuko's already at the gym along with the rest.." I spoke to myself.

I should have woken up earlier to go to the gym together with Koushi-nii.

But I wonder if I could actually pick up some ideas from the game to help the children..

-

Upon reaching the gym, there were sounds of chatter and volleyballs being slammed onto the floor.

It seems like they're doing drills right now..

I slowly opened the gym door to find everyone already prepared on the court.

Oops. I'm pretty late.

"Y/N-chan!" I hear Suzuko yell from above and I wave to her.

"Y/N! Did you oversleep again or something?" My grey-haired brother asked as he slung an arm around my shoulders.

"You must be Suga-san's little sister! Allow me to introduce myself. You can call me Tanaka-senpai." The older, nearly-bald male winked.

I looked at him blankly as my brother jabbed an elbow into his shoulder earning a groan from him. "Don't scare her, Tanaka!"

"..It's nice to meet you, Tanaka-san! Anyway... sorry I'm late. I'll be going upstairs now."

-

"So glad you made it, Y/N! I genuinely thought you weren't gonna show up," Suzuko smiled as I came up the stairs to join her.

"Sorry.." I chuckled in reply.

"Anyway, look at her." She pointed at a raven-haired senior wearing a bright tracksuit. "That senpai is apparently the team's manager. Isn't she gorgeous?"

"You're right, she is... oh! I think the game's gonna start soon," I replied.

"Alright then, I'll join Tsukishima's team and Tanaka will join Hinata's team. All good?" We hear the captain say.

"Ahem..

Which one should I hold down first?" A familiar voice mockingly spoke.

Oh, right. Tsukishima-kun is also in the club.. but what the hell is he up to this time?

"Oh, that's right!" The tall blonde continued, " I sure can't wait to see the 'king' dethroned~ I hope they lose their cool!"

"Damn, Tsukishima-kun hits hard. I didn't know he was someone like that.." Suzuko said with a lopsided smile.

"Pretty sure he's a big sadist or whatever," I sighed.

And with the commotion finally coming the an end, the game begun.

-

"Yeah!" Tanaka screamed, undressing and swinging his shirt around after scoring his team's first point.

"He's silly," Suzuko giggled.

As the ball continued to move to and fro over the net, it finally came to their setter.

I wonder why they call him a king?

My friend and I watched Kageyama's toss travel to the little orange head as he jumped in the air to spike the ball.

"Amazing. He's really got some spring in his step.." Suzuko stated with her mouth agape.

This was like what I saw at the park the other day..

However, his spike failed to travel across the net due to Tsukishima's block.

And every consecutive spike after that was continuously blocked by the same person.

There's actually more to Tsukishima-kun than what I thought.. His height gives him such an advantage..

"Hey, hey.." I hear the latter speak as he turned to Kageyama.

"If you're bothered about my blocks, why not perform a special 'king' toss? A toss that leaves your opponents reeling.. and your allies too!" He mockingly chuckled.

My grip tightened around the railings. "It's annoying how he's so infuriating!" I gritted my teeth.

"They don't seem to get along, do they.."  Suzuko sighed and smiled.

The game continued smoothly.

"Suzuko-chan, you're brother's really good at defense," I stated.

"Haha, well it took him years to become an amazing receiver," She smiled softly as she eyed Daichi.

"Hey king? Isn't it about time you got serious?" Tsukishima blurted once again.

What is it with him picking nonsensical  fights with others? I don't see the point!

"Stop picking fights with us! Anyway, what's so bad about Kageyama's 'king' title? It would be so cool to have a title like that! A title that shows how awesome you are!" The small tangerine-head exclaimed.

"You thought so too, huh? Well that's not it.." Tsukishima chuckled and glanced at Kageyama.

"His middle school teammates seemed to have coined this nickname. It means that he's the selfish king, the arrogant dictator." He smirked.

*forgive me for the plot is so slow*