nineteen - little miss deferential.

Your POV

-

"Cereal.. cereal.." I scanned the shelves for the branded cereal on the shopping list.

I sighed the moment I found the box of cereal.

Why does it have to be all up there?

At my first attempt, I tried my very best to tip-toe to the top but failed.

All my other takes on the situation like jumping, tip-toeing higher and everything else were still to no avail, and I eventually gave up.

That is, until I saw a hand reach for the box from behind.

I looked behind me, stumbling in surprise.

"Oh, well if isn't little miss deferential. What are you doing out of bed?" The tall, salty french fry raised a brow.

"Little miss- wha? Ugh, whatever. I was here to get some groceries..." I remarked, avoiding any eye-contact.

Tsukishima stretched out his arm to hand me the cereal box. "Here."

I uttered out a 'thank you' as I reached for the box.

Soon, and as always, a wall of silence fell upon us.

Tsukishima was eyeing the chilled cakes nearby while I just continued to stand there like an idiot.

"Uhm.. Tsukishima-kun.." I fiddled with the handles of the grocery basket.

"I'm.. so sorry."

He looked at me blankly for two solid seconds before sighing and crossing his arms. "You're not gonna continue this whole apology charade, will you?"

"Eh? Well, it's just that.. It was completely my fault again.. I just feel like I've been troubling you constantly ever since we met. And I mever really meant to be a bother or anything.. I just—"

"Please stop right there. If you really insist, I don't mind some compensation." He cut me off, raising a hand.

My eyes widened as I took my eyes off the grocery floor. "What would you like, then?"

He paused, resting a hand on his chin as he proceeded to think. His lips turned into a slight pout, and he finally let out a sigh.

He stretched out both of his hands widely, obviously hinting something.

"H-Huh..?" I blushed, with my eyes slowly widening.

He nodded. "Come on,"

I clicked my tongue, biting on my lip.

Does he really—? Is he?

Being the obseqious person I am, I slowly leaned in to his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I-I'm sorry, Tsukishima-kun." I stammered, my voice clearly muffled.

Tsukishima slightly stumbled backwards before resting a hand on my head.

He then looked down at me.

"How very sweet of you to do that, chibi-chan. But that's not what I was asking for." He stated.

I stepped back in surprise. "What?"

"I wanted you to give me your grocery basket." He looked away.

I felt my face heat up.

Wait..

What?

WHAT?!

My whole body went into panic mode. "Huh? What? I- HUH?!" I stammered, frantically waving my arms in the air.

"Good grief, stop doing that.." He picked up my grocery basket. "Let's go."

He started moving along the aisle as I followed him from behind.

Did he mean he wanted to help me? Because I was recently sick?

Did I just... do that for nothing..?

I recalled what he said to me just now.

"How very sweet of you to do that, chibi-chan. But that's not what I was asking for."

I remembered seeing his face completely flushed despite his calm and collected expression.

Did I embarrass him..?

Stupid Y/N! You literal idiot!

I slapped my cheeks, feeling completely flustered over what had happened.

-

*I KNOW I SAID I'D MAKE LONGER CHAPTERS BUT PLEASE BEAR WITH THIS SHORT ONE FIRST AKSHSWJAJAIAN*