fifteen - bother.

Your POV

-

Walking home with the duo wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. We were able to share small conversations and we even had some fun doing so.

Upon reaching home, I began indulging in simple video games to pass time, since we weren't assigned any homework today. That's when I got a notification from Akiteru.

-

18:30

Akiteru senpai: Y/N! Did you get home safely?

You: i sure did, thanks for the concern

Akiteru senpai: that's great! anyways i needed to talk to you about something...

-

He sent a clipart poster of the annual MCVC training camp that's ought to  come very soon.

It's held every year before the elementary kids go for their annual tournaments. It's to help them sharpen their volleyball skills in different aspects.

-

Akiteru senpai: you can make it full time for this, yes?

You: of course! why do you ask?

Akiteru senpai: I have some businesses regarding my uni and I might not be able to make it full time.. are you sure you can handle it by yourself? Do you need someone to fill-in for me?

You: no, no! there's no need for that!

i can handle it by myself!

Akiteru senpai: you sure about that? You just became a  freshman, you know..

You: it's fine. I'm sure I'll be able to handle it. You can count on me!

-

Nowadays, I've been feeling pretty unreliable myself.

I've always relied on Akiteru because I see him as a big brother at work. Although he's older and many would think that it's his responsibility to look after me in this line of work, I still felt like a huge burden on his shoulders.

It's the same with my own big brother. He's been a very reliable person since day one. Not just to me, but to everyone else around him. If I rely on him too much, he'll start getting worried..

I sighed to myself. It's no different with Tsukishima-kun.. I said I was gonna be the one to look after him for Akiteru senpai at school.

But all I've ever done was give him more trouble than he ever had before.

I stuffed my face in my pillow, letting out a soft scream.

I better make sure I don't give anyone a hard time from now on..

-

the next day

I decided to wake up extra early today, so that I could head to school by myself.

The air in the early morning felt much more cooler than usual.

It felt really.. nice. The cold breeze brushing against my skin and flowing through my hair made me shiver. Despite the frigid weather, the morning topography still managed to look quite picturisque.

"I guess we won't be expecting warmer weather till the later part of this year," I breathed.

Just then, from the corner of my left eye, I caught a familiar figure walking behind me.

"Oh, good morning Tsukishima-kun." I greeted.

The latter male looked around to see who called out to him. Upon noticing me, he gave me a small nod in response to my greeting.

I jogged to his side. "Yamaguchi-kun isn't with you today?"

"He forgot something so he told me to go on ahead." He monotonuously replied.

I nodded. "I see.."

Once again, like every other time we're both alone, silence fell upon us.

We were already nearing the school, but we haven't even talked about anything else yet.

.
.
.

"Say, Tsukishima-kun. Am I bothering you?" I questioned.

He slid down his headphones to his neck and raised a brow. "Huh?"

"Er, nevermind, scratch that." I spiritlessly chuckled.

Keep it together, Y/N!

He eyed me suspiciously before brushing it off.

And then again, like always, a wall of silence stays in between us for the rest of the journey.