five - the sister.

Your POV

"Let's be friends!"

I felt a sweat drop run down my cheek as the words oozed from my mouth.

He looked at me with menacingly stern eyes before a sly smirk formed on his face.

"So what are you gonna do if I reject you? Coerce me using my lunchbox?" He sarcastically chuckled, retrieving his lunchbox from my hands.

"I was wondering where and how you got this.." He continued, eyeing his lunchbox closely. "But I've figured it out. You're my brother's little co-worker."

I fumbled with my fingers behind my back nervously, anticipating what he had to say next.

"If you're doing this because of my brother, then quit it. Tell him that I don't need somebody to watch over me."

He returned to his cold and stern manner, and proceeded to leave the classroom.

I headed back to my own desk and sulked.

I take back what I said. This.. is gonna be tough.

-

after school

I went to the back of the school's gym to get a milk packet from the vending machine. That's when I heard the sudden sound of balls pounding hard on the floor and shoes sliding across it.

Poking a straw into the newly-bought packet, I lowered myself to the lowest window of the gym to take a peek.

It's the volleyball club..

There wasn't even much people in the gym to begin with. They were all just doing drills.

"Oh, it's Koushi-nii.." I whispered to myself, eyeing the latter male.

"Hey, what are you doing?" A feminine voice spoke from behind.

"Eek!" I yelped in surprise, only to come face-to-face with the petite brunette the feminine voice belonged to.

"Oh, sorry about that.. I didn't mean to scare you or anything.." she chuckled, helping me back up on my feet.

"Hey.." she continued after examining me, "You're Sugawara Koushi's little sister, right? Sugawara Y/N?"

I nodded. "You know Koushi-nii?"

"Well.." she rubbed the back of her head. "I've heard a lot about him from my brother. Anyway, I'm Sawamura Suzuko. Nice to meet you!" She stretched out a welcoming hand.

I shook her hand briefly. "Eh? Wait.. Sawamura? As in—"

"Yep, the little sister of the volleyball club's current captain, Sawamura Daichi." She smiled.

No wonder she looked slightly familiar..

"You could just call me Suzuko though."

I chuckled. "That's understandable, since we already have older siblings in this school.."

We both giggled.

"Hey, Y/N-chan.." she spoke, "Did you wanna visit the club or something?"

I shook my head. "Not really. I just happened to come across the club when getting a drink,"

Her mouth formed a small 'O' shape.

"Well, I was wondering if I could drop by to say hi to Daichi-nii and watch their practice.. but I have no idea if non-members are even allowed in there. Damn it! I should have asked him earlier..." she frustraitingly whined.

"Guess we have no choice but to watch through this window for now," I sighed, and we both bent down to the window.

We spotted two first years in the court along with some other senpais, including our brothers.

We couldn't really make up what was going on, but our mouths went agape at the sight of the dean's toupee flying away from his head and landing on the captain's head.

"Pft— what the hell just happened..?" Suzuko stifled her laughter with an inquiry.

"I don't know, but they're gonna be in trouble.." I chuckled.

"Of course they are. I've heard about those first years when I was in middle school. Especially the taller raven-haired dude..." She spoke.

"Really? Which middle school were you from?" I asked.

"Me?" She answered, "I was from Kitagawa Daiichi."