three - lunchbox.

Your POV

-

MCVC

"Whaaat? Kei is your classmate?" Akiteru gasped at my words.

I nodded firmly as I arranged the attendance folders by alphabetical order in the shelf.

"Thank goodness, I'm so relieved.." He sinked into the lounge's couch.

I turned my head to him with a confused look on my face. "Why are you relieved?"

He sprang back up from the couch and smiled. "Well, the thing is.. I kind of had a favour I wanted to ask of you.. but I'm afraid it might be too big of a favour."

I shook my head and sat down on the couch. "No, no, senpai. Just tell me about it. After all, I do owe you for being the first person to look after me as a second big brother in this line of work.."

He chuckled lightly. "Well.. The thing is... Kei has always been very quiet and reserved. He always kept his cool and nobody knows what he's thinking most of the time. He used to be a lot more cheerful. Especially when it came to volleyball. Now? Not so much.."

I looked at his expression as it slowly saddened.

"But.." He continued, "I'm probably the reason why he's become like this."

He explained the whole story of how his little brother found out that he hid the fact that he wasn't a regular for Karasuno High's volleyball club.

"I see.." I sighed. "What would you like me to do then, senpai?"

He patted my head gently. "Well, you're a very good kid. Kei doesn't seem to have any other close friends besides Tadashi. And.. he never really tells me what's going on in school nowadays despite me asking. He just immediately goes to his room after simple greetings.

It might be too much to ask of you, Y/N..

But could you look after him for me? Or tell me what's going on with him at school.. or the best you could do.. is at least be his friend," He looked at me with determined eyes.

So he's just a worried big brother. He kinda reminds me of Koushi-nii.

Anyway, I owe Akiteru-senpai a lot. This shouldn't be anything hard.

I smiled at the latter. "Don't worry senpai. I understand your worries as a big brother. I will try my best to help you in anyway I can."

He smiled brightly hearing that. "I knew I could trust you on this, Y/N! You've always been such a wonderful kid. I'm sure Kei will open up to you in no time."

-

the next day

"Okaa-san, have you seen my lunchbox anywhere?" I asked.

"That's what I've been asking you all morning! Where did you misplace it this time??" She frantically replied.

I pondered on her question for awhile.

I must've left it at MCVC last evening.

With that thought in mind, I quickly greeted my mother and rushed to the latter venue.

-

"Akiteru-senpai!" I yelled as I entered the building.

"Eh? Y/N? What are you doing here?" He confusingly exclaimed.

"I could say the same for you!" I replied.

"I came to return the attendance files before I leave.. how about you?" He looked at my exhausted figure.

"I left my lunchbox here by mistake. Have you seen it anywhere?"

He went away for a second, and came back with an empty, baby-blue napkin wrapped lunchbox.

"Thanks, senpai.." I panted, exhausted from the high-pace rush.

"Hey, speaking of lunchboxes.." He spoke, fishing out a normal yellow lunchbox from his sling-bag.

"I accidentally took Kei's lunchbox by mistake.." He nervously explained. "As his classmate, could you give it to him?"

My eyes widened as I clutched his lunchbox in my hands. "S-Sure! I will,"

He thanked me profusely and headed out of the building.

Well, I better hurry to school myself!