one - the job.

Your POV

"Okaa-san, do you know where nii-chan went?" I asked my mother, who was busy in the kitchen.

She turned around to look at me, placing her spatula on the top of the bowl. "He went out with his friends earlier this morning. Why do you ask?"

"Well.." I rubbed the back of my neck. "I was hoping that he could help me prepare for my first day at Karasuno tomorrow.."

She smiled at me softly. "Don't worry, you could always ask him later tonight." She eyed my get-up from bottom to top. "Going to work?"

I nodded, retrieving my lunchbox from the countertop and made my way out of the house. "See you later, Okaa-san!"

-

I stared at the small building right in front of my eyes.

"Miyagi Children's Volleyball Club", also known as MCVC for short, is the place I can proudly say I work in as a part-time volleyball coach for children. After receiving an offer from my uncle shortly after I quit competitive volleyball, I couldn't help but accept.

I stepped into the building to find a familiar face at the main counter.

"Tsukishima-senpai!" I waved.

"Y/N! So glad you could make it," he responded to my greeting along with a small pat on my head. "But how many times do I have to tell you? Just call me Akiteru. You don't have to be so formal to me."

"Alright then, Akiteru-senpai." I smiled.

Akiteru is my co-worker. He works here part-time as well, but he's way older than me and more experienced at volleyball.

We have also become very good friends.

"Hey, Y/N, you're going to study at Karasuno High from tomorrow onwards, right?" He asked.

I replied with a firm nod. "Yes, I'm following my brother there."

"I see. My little brother is also going to Karasuno tomorrow, too. I just hope he'll be okay.." He sighed.

"Hm? Your brother.... Tsukishima.... Kei?" I inquired.

He grinned brightly. "Haha, you remembered! Yes, Kei is going there tomorrow too. I can't help but feel worried about him.."

I patted his shoulder comfortingly. "It's fine. I'm sure he'll be okay."

-

"Ne-chan, nii-chan!" A little boy came running to us with a bunch of other children behind him.

"Hakumi! How are you?" I asked the latter.

"I'm good! So... what are we gonna do today?"  He asked.

Akiteru then gathered all the children together. "We're gonna be drilling all your weak areas today, and at the end, we'll have a practice match against each other. Understood?"

All the children replied with a confident and excited "Yes" with their fists pumped in the air.

-

"Ne-chan, I can't seem to receive the ball properly. Could you help me?" Hakumi tugged on the hem of my shirt.

"Alright, let's see." I watched him receive my toss. "Okay, how about this - use the power in your lower body to help push yourself up instead of straining all the power in your arms."

He did exactly what he was told and his form looked much more better.

"See, your ball control is much more stable than before!" I chuckled.

"Thank you ne-chan!" The little boy smiled. "Could you toss to me some more?"

"Sure thing."

Yes, this job is much more easier than actually playing real and competitive volleyball. No serious injuries, no traumas, nothing.

Despite all of that, this job is the only thing keeping me attached to volleyball itself.