six - encounter!

Your POV

-

MCVC

"Hey ne-chan! Check this out!" The little redhead exclaimed, and proceeded with a jump-float serve.

"That's amazing, Hakumi! Keep it up!" I chuckled, earning a proud grin from the boy. I then returned to my serious, deep-in-thought look.

"Hey.." Akiteru spoke, placing down the box of volleyballs to sit beside me.  "You don't look very cheerful as usual. Something happened in school these past few days?"

I sighed. "I don't know.."

"I-Is it about Kei? He didn't do anything bad to you, did he?" He worriedly asked.

"What? Oh, no! He didn't! ..But you were right about one thing though. Your brother's really hard to interact with.." I stared into the distance with listless eyes, beginning to explain our first interaction to Akiteru.

-

"What? Kei really said that?" He gasped and earned a nod from me.

"If that's the case, you don't have to do anything, Y/N-"

"No no, it's all good. Besides, I'm pretty determined about this favour of yours. I'll do my best to help you, senpai!" I eagerly said.

"Thank you so much Y/N, but feel free to quit whenever you're obliged!" He smiled in relief.

-

the next day

I went again to the back of the gym to get a packet of milk, only to find the same raven-haired boy from yesterday sipping from a capri-sun drink.

That's Kageyama-kun from Suzuko-chan's middle school..

flashback

"That's Kageyama Tobio from my batch in middle school. I went to watch one of the school's matches last year, and he went against the tangerine-headed boy over there." Suzuko pointed over to the smaller boy next to Kageyama.

"Despite their relationship right now," she added, "If they were to work together, I bet they'd become a prodigious duo in volleyball history."

present

That reminds me, are they really the only first years in the club?

-

"Y/N-chan!" Suzuko called out to me in the hallway.

"What's up?" I replied, still sipping onto my milk packet.

"My brother said that they're gonna have a mini match with the first years this Saturday, and that we could come and watch. You down?" She asked.

I nodded with excitement. "Of course!"

We continued to stroll down the hallway on our way to the main entrance.

"Are you going anywhere after school?" She inquired.

"Yup," I replied, taking the last sip of my milk. "I'm headed to the grocery store to get ingredients for tonight's dinner. Might also check out the area while I'm at it.."

"Alright then," She spoke. "Be careful though!"

-

"Tofu.. ground beef.. garlic.. spices.. that should be about it!" I spoke to myself, examining the ingredients in the grocery bag.

I let out a yawn as I looked up at the sky.

It's already pretty dark. I wonder if Koushi-nii's training is over..

Just then, I heard muffled voices nearby my proximity.

"I guess what happened was that they couldn't tolerate you anymore, either~" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Tsukki!"

That's Yamaguchi-kun from my class! And.. Tsukishima-kun too?

I slowly crept up to a tree nearby to take a peek at what was going on.

Kageyama-kun and Tsukishima-kun.. are they gonna fight?

Kageyama grabbed onto Tsukishima's collar, looking at him resentfully as the taller male smirked at him.

I can't make up what's going on.. who's the victim here?

I proceeded to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Maybe I'll win against the king this Saturday, too." Tsukishima spoke, tossing a volleyball into the air only to get it retrieved by the short tangerine head who jumped up all the way to its height.

Shock was clearly written all over Tsukishima's face.

Amazing. How the hell did he jump that high?

"Shut up with all this king crap. I'm here too!" The little first year spoke, only to get intimidated by the icy glare of the beanpole infront of him.

Before they parted ways, I found out that Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were the other first years that were part of the volleyball club.

I should have known that they were also in the club.. but what the hell happened back there? Did he start a fight? Should I tell Akiteru-senpai-

"..Yamaguchi. You go on ahead first. I need to take care of something," I heard Tsukishima say, followed by an agreement from Yamaguchi.

What did he need to take care of?

Suddenly, the curently 188 centimeter 16-year-old headed in my direction, with our eyes locked.

Damn it. He figured me out!

I gulped nervously as he stopped right infront of me.

"You.." He spoke, squinting his eyes at the same time.

"You're not gonna report to my brother about whatever you just witnessed, are you?"