twenty - so what is it?

Your POV

"S-So.... what did you exactly refer to when you asked for compensation?" I nervously inquired, hanging my head low as I slowly trailed behind him.

He refused to give an answer. However, I started to notice his hands fidgeting around the grocery basket.

"Come on, don't leave me hanging like that! How are you the one embarrassed?!" I grumbled at his silence. However, following my statement, I heard a stifling laughter come from the titan himself.

"..What is it?" I asked, baffled.

"Oh no, it's nothing. That was just kind of.. you know what? Forget it." He smiled a little, then proceeded to look away. "I didn't give you a reply because I haven't thought of what I wanted for compensation. Give it some time, would you?"

"Can't I just... treat you to something? Or I could even do your homework-"

"No, you don't have to. I'll come up with something,"

As our conversation carried on, we reached the end of the market, where we proceeded to check-out.

-

"Thanks for your help, Tsukishima-kun." I bowed.

He replied with no other than a simple 'sure'. We were just about to part ways, but once again, I called out for him.

"W-Wait! Before I forget...!" I rummaged through my grocery bag and pulled out a box of chilled strawberry shortcake.

"What are you-"

"This is for you..! I was going to give it to you anyway if you didn't-"

He cut me off by pushing the box back to me. "You didn't have to give me any extra compensation of your own.. it's fine."

I stared at him, confused. "But this isn't compensation, though? It was to thank you,"

I looked up to see his eyes slowly widening. "..Huh?"

I cleared my throat, feeling bashful all of the sudden. "Look, while I do feel sorry for troubling you all the time, I'm also.. really grateful to you. I mean, I know I always say 'thank you' and all, but I just wanted to make it clear.

You know, you're actually an amazing person compared to what I initially thought you'd be. Apart from the annoying teasing that is.. heh."

I slowly looked up again to see his reaction. However, he continued to blankly stare at me with dead-pan eyes serving no response what-so-ever, making the atmosphere a lot more awkward.

I huffed. "Ha... well, I really need to go now!" I placed the box in his hand. "See you tomorrow!"

With that, I scurried off into the distance, on the way to my humble abode.

Tsukishima's POV

-

"See you tomorrow!"

My eyes trailed back to the cake box that she had left in my palm. Suddenly, for some reason, I recalled what I was about to tell her a while ago.

"Oh no, it's nothing. That was just kind of.."

I can't believe I was about to say something like that.

"That was just kind of cute."

As I was recalling such a thought, at the same time, I was trying to process what she had just said to me.

And that's when it hit me.

"Ffff..Ajfhjgfjf.." I mumbled gibberish, digging my face into the palm of my free hand as I felt it heat up.

I think..

..I may feeling a little under the weather.

-

Your POV, the next day

"Y/N-san! Are you feeling better?" Yamaguchi ran up to me, acting all frantic.

I nodded. "Thank you for yesterday. I guess I was feeling a little bit exhausted,"

"That was scary, you know? You just collapsed all of the sudden." The seaweed-haired boy sighed in relief.

As we continued to converse, a familiar figure appeared at Yamaguchi's side.

"Oh, morning Tsukki! You seem pretty lively today," Yamaguchi chuckled.

"What..? Agh, whatever. Um.. I need to talk to Y/N for a second." Tsukishima furrowed his brows at his friend's statement, proceeding to pull out a chair.

Yamaguchi apologised, grinned and patted Tsukishima's shoulder as his left. I could visibly see the tall, blonde beanstalk scoff under his breath out of annoyance.

He then sat on the chair he had just pulled out, facing my direction.

"Well, did you like the cake, Tsukishima-kun?" I smiled softly.

Again, I earned no verbal reply. Instead, he placed two strips of paper of what seemed like tickets on my desk.

Prehistoric exhibition?

I looked back at him to see his head buried in his arms, trying to avoid any sort of eye-contact with me.

"Go...withnm." He mumbled.

I felt flustered. "What?"

He then slowly perked his head up, with a tinge of rose decorating his cheeks.

"I said.. go with me. Your compensation.."

My eyes widened at his reply. I looked at him intently, then back down and the tickets.

Wait.

What?

-

*look i know it's been 94823974897489173978913 years since i last appeared on here but i just wanted to say that the reason as to why i have been hiatus is no other than school. i felt myself getting more and more busy each day that i couldn't bring myself to finish this chapter.. that is, until today. HOWEVER i promise that i would at least finish this series! i mean, no promises that i wouldn't disappear again bcz this and next year is gonna be a reaaaaaallly hectic year for me wh00psz

anyways i hope y'all liked this chapter and that y'all stay safe ;'D*

*oh and. ive been genshin impacting for the past months. can we be friends*