Chapter 7~Sonic's Past

~Tails' PoV~

   It's been a week since Silver told us that they'd found the missing Sol Emerald, and they told us that they were gonna stay in our time.

   But, today's Sonic's birthday and as a gift I upgraded his running shoes; again. He's been acting sad all day, no morning runs, no scolding me for staying up all night, its strange. No biggie, cause I'm gonna look at the stars tonight with the telescope I just built, and I'll invite Sonic!

   "Ya know, Foxboy, I woulda thought the Faker would be happier at his party." The black and red hedgehog commented, scaring the Chaos outta me.

   "Ahhh! Shadow! Don't do that. And yes I've noticed. I plan on asking him what's going on after the party's over." I exclaim, spinning my two tails to fly me over to where Vanilla Rabbit was pulling a pretty cake out of the oven. It had sky blue frosting on the sides and an icing picture of the Green Hill zone on top with the words 'Happy Birthday Sonic!' written on it in dark blue icing. "Hey Sonic! Cake Time!"

   (Timeskip)

   "Hey Sonic, I was gonna look at the stars with my telescope. You wanna come?" I ask, hopeful.

   "Yeah, sure. I have something I wanna share with you anyways." He replied.

   A few minutes later, on top of the biggest loop-de-loop on the Green Hills zone track, we've set up the telescope. Sonic is looking through, seeming to look for something.

   "Found 'em." He said, gesturing for me to take a peek. Through the telescope, I see four stars; one cobalt blue, one pink, one lime green, and one a golden color.

   "Have I ever told you about my past, before I met you?" He asked me.

   Eager for a happy, adventure-filled story, I shake my head.

   "Well, it's not exactly a perfect story." He began, and a strange feeling began to settle in my stomach. "My Mom is, was, the queen of Mobius. She was pregnant with me and my three younger siblings, Sonia, Manic, and Ambrosia, but we called her Amber for short." He continued.

   "Shortly after our birth however, an evil man named Robotnik overthrew our mom, and began transforming the citizens into Robotisized slaves. Then, a mystical seer told my mom that we would grow up to overthrow him as the Royal Council. But in order for it to come to pass, she would have to separate all of us. When the time was right, we were supposed to reunite with our mother and defeat him."
   "When I was twelve, I discovered what my medallion does." He said, showing me a guitar-shaped medallion on a red strap. Then, to my amazement, it transforms into a three-necked, electric guitar!
   "Can you play something? Please?" I beg, and he laughs at my excitement and begins to play.

"There's something missing,
Something's not quite right,
And I can feel it calling,
To me every night."

"A little voice inside me,
Tells me someone is out there,

And I must never give up,

Searching everywhere."

"Someday, we are gonna be together,
Someday, life will be so much better,
Someday, we will build the bond no one can break,
Someday, no more dark clouds above,
Someday, united in the light of love,
Someday, the story can only end one way,
    We'll be together someday."

    (Guitar Solo)

"Someday, we are gonna be together,
Someday, life will be so much better,
Someday, we will build the bond no one can break, Ya,
Someday, no more dark clouds above,
Someday, united in the light of love,
Someday, the story can only end one way,
We'll be together someday.
Someday, we'll be together, someday..."

   He finishes the song and the guitar returns to his medallion.

   "That was the song that brought us together." Sonic continued. "We traveled all over Mobius, searching for our mom, having several way to close calls to being Robotisized." Sonic shuddered and then looked even sadder.

   "Then, seven years ago, Ambrosia was captured. Robuttnik, that's what we called him, delivered a message. He was Robotisizing her at the end of the week, which was in three days. So, we came up with a plan."

   "When we got there, they were just about to do it. We began fighting them to get to her. I hear her whimper, and my protective instinct kicked in. I'd rushed inside the machine, and grabbed her wrist to pull her out; the top of the machine closed down around us.

   "But, how-- I gasp out, then stop as Sonic continued.

   "A bright light blazed through the chamber, then, next thing I know, I'm waking up in that jungle where we met. I'd only woken up the previous afternoon. I've been looking for them ever since. That's mainly what I'm doing on my morning runs, Tails. So today; it's a little hard for me." Sonic finishes. I creep into his lap and get a brilliant idea.

   "Can you show me pictures of them? That way, I can help keep an eye out for them as well?" I ask.

   "Sure, that's a great idea, lil' bro." He replies and retrieves four photos from his quills. The first one looks really old, it shows a beautiful purple hedgehog. The second on shows a posing pink hedgehog, the third shows a lime green hedgehog holding some drumsticks. And the last picture shows a beautiful golden-quilled hedgehog, with a blue eye as deep as the blue Chaos Emerald, and her green eye the exact same shade as Sonic's.

   "The gold one is Ambrosia, the pink one is Sonia, the green one is Manic, and the purple hedgehog is our mother, Queen Aleena." He says, pointing to each photo.