The Royal Council

~Queen Aleena's PoV~
   I'm watching a sky blue house from an overlooking hill. I smile as the distant shapes of my children and their soulmates come into view from the windows. Suddenly, I hear a faint whisper on the breeze.

   My small smile turns into a wide grin and I touch my silver choker with the gemstones and my violin medallion as well as my babies' deceased father's flute medallion. After 17 long years without my children; it was finally time.

~3rd Person PoV~

   Sonic & his friends and family were playing Sonic Racers when Ambrosia abruptly jerked her head up. A second later, the other Royal hedgehogs did as well as a plucking beat rang out through the pre-dawn air.

   "Amber? Sonic? Shadz? Tails, Sonia?" Vixen, Luna, Knuckles, Pearl, and Silver asked their soulmate, but they didn't hear them. Trance-like, all five walked out to the backyard.

   Curious, Onyx paused the game and they followed the siblings outside. A minute later, they all heard an angelic voice.

"Come little children,
I'll there away,
Into a land of enchantment."

"Come little children,
The time's come to play,
Here in my garden of shadows."

"Oooo~"

"Follow sweet children,
I'll show the the way.
Through all the pain and the sorrows."

"Weep not poor children,
For life is this way,
Murdering beauty and passions."

"Oooo~"

"Hush now dear children,
It had to be that way,
To weary of life and deceptions."

"Rest now my children,
For soon we'll away.
Into the calm and the quiet."

"Oooo~
Oooo~
Oooo~
Oooo~"

(Violin Plucking)

"Come little children,
I'll take the away,
Into a land of enchantment."

"Come little children,
The time's come to play
Here in my garden of sha~dows."

"Oooo~
Oooo~
Oooo~
Oooo~"

  As the song finished, the sun rose; silhouetting a cloaked figure at the top of the hill. All of a sudden, all six medallions glowed a bright purple and all six wearers charged up the hill, plowing into a royal purple hedgehog. She was wearing a pristine white and gold dress, a red cloak with the hood down and her eyes were the same color as Ambrosia's and Sonic's.

~Sonic's Pov~

   Tears streamed down my muzzle as my sibs and I embraced our mother. After years upon years of searching for her, she found us.

   "Mom... We found you." Manic said, crying.

   "It was finally time, my children." She said as we disentangled from our hug and the others came up the hill. She turned to Tails and noticed the medallion around his neck. "Though I don't recall a fox kit among my children."

   "Mom, this is Miles Prower, he prefers being called Tails though. I adopted him as our youngest brother after his birth father abandoned him in Mystic Jungle." I reply, slinging an arm around his shoulder. My heart suddenly plummets, and I scowl furiously as the one voice I didn't want to hear today calls out to us.

   "Well, I hate to break up this little reunion, but today's the day-" Eggman preaches, but I interrupt him.

   "You finally kill me off; blah blah, blah blah. Never gonna happen, Egghead. No one's ever finished me off. Not even Infinite and your Phantom Ruby." I say, making my hands do a talking motion. He smirks.

  "Judging by Sonic's demeanor this is common occurrence?" I hear mom whisper to Tails.

   "Yep. Just your typical Tuesday morning." Tails said, already scanning the Eggmobile for Chaos Energy.

   "Does the name Mephilies, ring a bell, blue rat?" He counters and I wince. "As I recall he struck you straight through your chest!"

   "He doesn't count!" I exclaim, a slight waver in my voice at the memory of floating in that black abyss until I felt the Chaos Emeralds tether themselves to me and pull me back to my friends turning me Super.

   "Hey Mom; looks like scrambled Eggs are for breakfast." I tell Mom, right before I summon my guitar. I stand there, waiting for Eggman to make a move.

   Suddenly, the ground begins to shake as a giant, multi-headed robot drops down out of the clouds, where I assume the Flying Battery is hidden. It was the typical red color most of his major robots were, and each of the seven heads had a missile launcher as a mouth and laser blasters for eyes.

   "Meet my newest invention! The Egg-Hydra! Hohoho!!" My arch-nemisis of this planet chuckled. "Also, a few more surprises. I made a certain someone a few... friends."

   Metal Sonic, a robot who had my life data encoded into his programming dropped down. A robo-clone of Sonia, Manic, Ambrosia, Tails and Shadow followed suit, flanking my metal copy. But the final robot's appearance is what makes my blood turn to ice.

   "Sonic, I'd like to introduce you to Metal Mephilies!" He said, still chuckling. Shaking off my fear, I open my mouth to make a snippy remark, when a hauntingly familiar sound vibrates through the air and someone else does it for me.

   "You foolish scientist. You never learn, do you?" A familiar black and white jackal with heterochromia and a triangular ruby on his chest calls out, floating down to land beside me. A second later, a whizzing sound is heard and, to my surprise, a snow-white jackal with a purple scanner over one eye, a communicator, white gloves, a burst wispon, and silver combat boots land next to him.

   'What's my buddy from the resistance doing next to him? Is he controlling her with the Phantom Ruby?' I wonder, slightly worried.

   "Ah, Infinite. So glad you could join the festivities. Now, CRUSH THOSE PESTS!" Eggman commanded. To my shock, instead of instantly obeying his orders, Infinite looked at Krystal(my future character for when I buy Sonic Forces, I'm gonna use a wolf avatar and pretend it's a jackal. As soon as I get some ideas, their relationship story will be published), then at me, and finally at Eggman.

   "I would, but my girlfriend here, wouldn't like it. And my name's not Infinite; it's Zero. Zero the Jackal." Infi- I mean Zero said as my running buddy turned bright pink.