The Surge

"The ultimate battle. The battle that would end all battles. It feels like ages ago. After the Golden ninja defeated the Overlord, much of Ninjago City was in ruin. It was a time to reflect on our past, and build for our future. Ninjago City soon became New Ninjago City. And it became the center of great technological advancements. But without an enemy to fight, the Age of the Ninja came to an end." 

"Ladodo, dododo-- Hey! How about a little privacy you--?" Laughter. Laughter in the entire room. "Woah! This isn't supposed to be here. Lights please." Kai said as he turned off the projector.

The lights turned on and Kai groaned, "Seriously?" A kid soon came into the room. "Come quick! Mr. Zane's on the fritz!" The kids ran out of the classroom to go to Zane's classroom.

"Up. No, down. Woah!" Zane said, I sighed and rubbed my eyes, "It's too early for this bull.." I crossed my arms and saw that Cole came in. "What's going on here?" Cole asked. "Brad got an ultra remote from New Ninjago City and it's controlling Mr. Zane." A little girl named, Marla, said.

"How do you turn this thing off?" Cole said. "Hurry up, Cole. My liquid spirit level is making me- less level." Zane said. Cole grunted and broke the remote, making Zane calm down. I chuckled and the bell rung. The kids ran out and I went into the teacher's lounge.

You heard me. Teacher's. Lounge. Not really a job for 16-17 year olds, but here we are. "All right! Who took my pudding cup? My name was clearly written on it." Jay said. "I didn't see 'motor-mouth' on it." Cole said.

"I'm telling headmaster." Jay said, "Leave me out of it. I'm on break too." Sensei Wu said. I rolled my eyes playfully and continued to make my cup go coffee. "Relax, Jay. You can have mine." Kai said, tossing his pudding cup to Jay.

"But this isn't cold." Jay said. Zane then shot out ice from his hand onto the pudding cup, making it cold. "Is anyone else chapped that Lloyd gets to be the Golden Ninja and fly around accepting awards while we're stuck here being teachers with no powers?" Jay sighed, "Ah. I miss our elemental weapons." Jay finished.

"Well, it can't be helped. He did defeat Overlord." I said, drinking my coffee. Nya then came inside, "Why is it that when I teach, I get the feeling that none of the boys are listening?" Nya asked. "And that's why I'm a teachers assistant." I said.

"Hi, Miss Nya. I said you some pudding." Jay said. "What did we talk about?" Nya put her hand on her hips. "Oh, right. Boundaries." Jay smiled and went back to eating. "Hey, did you guys hear the news?" Nya asked.

"There's trouble?"

"Danger?"

"An emergency?"

"Oh, a new menace?"

I rolled my eyes "No. We got clearance for a field trip to tour Borg Industries." I licked my lips for the leftover coffee. The ninja groaned but Jay gasped, "Not THE Borg Industries. As in home to super genius reclusive savant Cyrus Borg? Inventor of the hover car and everything else cool in this world?" Jay asked.

I chuckled, "Yes, that Borg Industries." I smirked and we packed up. "Who cares about Cyrus Borg? If you ask me, people should concern themselves with the lessons of the past. Not waste their time on the disposable fads of tomorrow when--" Kai looked up and saw me waiting for him. "Come on!" I left the room.

-At the bus-

"Why can't we take Ultra Dragon? Or the Ultra Sonic Radar?" Brad asked. I sighed and looked at him. "Ultra dragon is at the Spirit Coves. The Ultra Sonic Radar is in repair right now. We'll just have to make due with the bus, alright?" Brad pouted and crossed his arms but nodded nonetheless.