The Invitation

Lloyd was hiding in a bunch of flowers, spying on some Nindroids. Once they were looking away, Lloyd ran past them and entered a cave. He went through it and came across a hallway with lasers. He smirked behind his mask and looked around for any blank spaces to go through.

He took a breathe and did a running start and did a few backflips. He was halfway and ran on the wall and front flipped, he landed in an intersection. He took a fight stance and looked around. Then, lasers were shot at him and saw Nindroids charging towards him.

He deflected some lasers and used spinjitzu to knock the rest of them out. A rolling boulder then came towards him. He ran forwards and grabbed a rope lying on the ground and tied it around him and jumped into a hole into the ground. 

He looked in front of him and saw a piece of golden armor. He started to swing back and forth and tried to reach out trying to grab it but it glitched and disappeared. Lloyd sighed and untied himself and let himself fall to the ground. 

Borg and Wu then came in, "You finished the simulation faster than I thought. Hehe, though, I didn't think you would go so hard on my security droids.." Borg said. Lloyd stood up and smiled a bit. "But if this is just a simulation, where's the real golden armor?" Lloyd asked.

"Some secrets are best to be kept safe." Borg answered. "Lloyd, I asked for all of you to take part in this, where are they?" Wu asked. "Uh.. They wanted to be here but they had other things to do." Lloyd frowned a bit.

"Yes.. the loss of Zane has affected us all.. I haven't even seen Pixal since his memorial... it's heartbreaking." Borg frowned. 

"If we dwell too long on what's missing, we fail to se what can be gained. The absence of Zane will either tear you five apart or bring you closer together. The voice is yours." Sensei Wu said.

Lloyd sighed, "I'll do what I can, but it won't be easy." Lloyd scratched the back of his head. "The greatest lessons never are." Sensei Wu said.

-With Jay-

"Most ultimate extreme ninja challenge ever!!" The crowd chanted. Jay chuckled, "I'm Jay, Ninjago's most lovable Ninja, here before the Gauntlet of Humility," Jay pointed behind him as the lights shined through the stage, "to see who will be Ninjago's next hero and whose dreams will be gone... in a flash!" 

Jay threw the microphone up and shot lightning out of his hands, making him fly through the place and land next to the contestant, catching the mic afterwards. "I'm here with Cathy, tireless mother of four, pillar of the PTA, and returning contestant. Tell me, Cathy, after being humbled by the gauntlet the first time, what makes you think this'l be any different?" Jay asked.

"Because Ninja never quit!" Cathy shouted in the mic, making it have feedback, Jay laughed, "Okay, Cathy. Start the doomsday clock!" Jay shouted. Cathy sighed and jumped across, grabbing the hanging ropes and made it to some rolling platforms, the crowd cheered as she continued on, dodging pop-out fists. She jumped to the next rolling platform but got punched off soon after.

The crowd gasped and Jay ran up to her and brought the mic up to her face, "Heh. I got farther than last time!" Cathy cheered. The crowd cheered as well.

~~~

Jay sighed as he picked up a group picture with the other ninja, including Zane, on his desk, "Ninja never quit, huh, Zane?" Jay frowned. "The team needs you now more than ever." Lloyd said.

Jay stood up and looked around. He gasped once he saw Lloyd jump down in front of him, "How did you get in here?" Jay asked, "I'm a ninja. And you are wearing makeup." Lloyd pointed at Jay's face.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's concealer. A time-honored tool of the ninja. And what do you mean, "team"? I refuse to fight beside Cole. There's nothing you can say that will get me back with that girl-stealing, black-hearted, rock-pounding--" Lloyd put his hand on Jay's shoulder.