Epilogue Part 2

A couple of years later

     (Y/N) POV

     "Up next to run is one of the best stride runners to ever exist. Despite her young age, (Y/N) (L/N) has gotten worldwide recognition and popularity from all over the world. She's called the Phantom, the name surfaced during her high school years but has seemed to have stuck around."

     "And for good reason too. Her running is truly top-notch. The same could be said for the rest of her team. Apparently, the entire starting team, including the relationer, were on the same team during their high school days so the chemistry is definitely there."

     "Speaking of chemistry, if we look into the stands, we're able to see the men's team watching and cheering on their countrymates. Among those athletes is Kyosuke Kuga, (Y/N) (L/N)'s fiance." 

     "Didn't they get engaged quite recently?"

     "Around a month back. Now they are both here, competing on the biggest stage: the Olympics."

     I blushed slightly at the conversation that the announcers were having but I quickly concentrated myself. I could feel the chain with my engagement ring under my shirt, touching my bare skin. I put my hand over it and took a few deep breaths. 

     The Canadian runner next to me was jumping up and down. She looked far more experienced than I did.

     "(Y/N), set. Mari's headed your way."

     I took a few more deep breaths. If we won this, we were guaranteed at least a silver medal.

     "3, 2, 1...go."

     I took off and I felt my opponent take off not that long after. 

     This was really happening. I was running at the Olympics. 

     I smiled widely and continued running, putting a bit more distance between the other runner and me. 

     I crossed the finish line and looked up at the beautiful sky.

     "And Japan has advanced to the finals. Canada will run against France for bronze tomorrow and Japan will run against the USA for gold the day after."

     I breathed out and saw my team walk over to me.

     "Just like old times, huh?" I walked to Asuga and gave her a high five.

     The rest of the team laughed and we started to walk back to the Olympic Village.

     We made it to one of the modern houses that Japan was given access to. The stride runners shared it with the track and field athletes.

     "Good job, you guys!" I heard Riku exclaim. 

     We all thanked him and joined the boys' team. I took my ring out from under my shirt and started fiddling with it.

     I felt someone kiss the top of my head and looked up to see Kyosuke. I smiled at him as he took a seat beside me.

     The boys' team's starters consisted of Takeru, Reiji, Kyosuke, Tomoe, and Riku with Nana as the relationer. They ran in that order. 

     I looked over to Emiko, Ari, Kyosuke, Reiji, and Tomoe. 

     "You guys ready for tomorrow?"

     They all nodded. Both the girls' and the boys' finals were the day after tomorrow but tomorrow, the mixed team was running against Germany in the finals.