The impossible girl (Clara x 10th Doctor)

Request for arrowcat1911

"A Clara and 10 story. It can even be a dark Doctor one"

Thank you for the request! I hope you will appreciate it!

***

The Doctor watched Clara as she threw herself in his timeline. It was as if everything was in slow mode. He couldn't stop her. She wanted to save him, to save her Doctor.

And here she was, shattering into a million of pieces in the Doctor's timeline. As she was falling into the pit of time, she saw flashbacks of her and the different faces of the Doctor. She was with his first regeneration, telling him to steal this particular TARDIS instead of the one he chose first. Then she was in the Victorian era, being a maid. She was everywhere in his life now, with only one purpose each time: to save her Doctor.

Still falling, Clara didn't know when it would stop. But then something caught her attention. It was a face she had seen before – but this expression, she could swear she had ever never seen it on the Doctor's face. Clara had never seen such hatred in someone's eyes. She couldn't believe it was her Doctor.

As the young girl was leaving her marks in the long timeline that was the Doctor's, she created stories with different regenerations of the Doctor. And as she was feeling, the Doctor started to remember one in particular.

***

The Doctor had just lost Donna. He had taken her back home and explained everything to Wilfried. He just wiped her memory. Of course, he did it to save her. But he couldn't help but to feel extremely sorry and guilty. She was the most important woman in the universe but yet, she would never remember all the things she did and saw with him, her best friend. She was just back to her boring, simple life.

But most importantly, the Doctor was now alone. And God knows what happen when you leave the Doctor alone. He had been travelling for a few weeks without anyone. Just him and his precious TARDIS.

The Doctor had returned back to Earth. It was winter and it was snowing. The Doctor was just wandering there and here. Just walking. Or at least it was what you could think when all you could see was his back.

But Clara appeared from a perpendicular street and was now facing the Doctor. She stopped immediately as she saw his face. She thought to herself "What a strange looking man! And his coat – isn't it soaked? It's way too long!"

He stopped walking too, his long trench coat was almost on the floor. His brown, messy air was covered with snow. This scene could be something magical or even romantic. But it was not. The Doctor was everything but magical and romantic right now.

It was hatred, regret, grief, sorrow. You could tell he was planning something like vengeance. His eyes were burning like hell and you could see flames behind his brown irises.

Clara was still there pending on the street. She was wearing a scarf, mittens, and a hat with a pompom on top of it. She was the contrary of the Doctor: she was cute, hoping, joyful.

As she saw this strange man across the street, she didn't feel scared at all. She knew that the man – she didn't know him as the Doctor yet – wasn't to be scared of. He needed help.

"Hello, good evening." She said as she was walking towards the man in the trench coat, a smile on her face and her nose being red due to the cold weather.

"Hello."

"Oh you don't seem so happy. It's Christmas!"

"Oh yeah, is it?"

"Mmh yes!" she started to look strangely at the man. "Where do you come from?"

"From very far away." His face grew darker with his answer.

"Do you know anyone in this city then?"

"Not really."

"Are you going to celebrate Christmas by your own?"

"I suppose so."

Clara starts to be concerned about that man. She didn't want to leave him.

"What's your name?" asked the young girl innocently.

But before responding, the Doctor thought about what his answer could be. Is he really a doctor after all?

"J-John Smith."

"Very common name for someone like you."

"What do you mean?"

"You don't look ordinary."

"But I am."

"Your eyes. They say the contrary." She was looking deep into his brown irises. "You've seen things... I could never imagine." She was getting closer to him.

"I have." The Doctor raised his eyebrows because he was impressed by the young girl. "And what's your name?"

"Clara. Clara Oswald. Would you like to celebrate Christmas with me? In my house?"

"Um, I really don't want to dist-"

"Oh, there's only me and, like, my father and a friend of mine. We're only a few so you will be welcome here!"

Seeing that the Doctor – John Smith – wasn't responding, she just forced him to make a decision by taking his hand and dragging him with her to her house.

The Doctor just let himself being dragged by the young girl. After all, it's been days and days he's been all alone. Celebrating Christmas with a bunch of humans couldn't be so bad. Plus, he had to say: Clara was not only an interesting girl, but she also seems very kind. She wasn't afraid of him, she wanted to help him.

And finally, arriving by Clara's house, the Doctor was smiling.

The impossible girl made the darkest man on Earth smile and without knowing it, she saved him again.