𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓲𝔁

"I have to forget about the past

  "I have to forget about the past."   

I clutched the gun in my bag, my hands trembled as I stared into my brother's blank eyes, blood spilling from his mouth as his dead body laid limp on the wet concrete.

I took the gun out, my head only filling up with memories of my dear brother, not even leaving a single spot for the thought of what she was about to do.

I pointed it at the back of the man's head.  At that moment, I didn't regret anything.

Click.

BANG!

I don't know if I feel the same as I did back then.

-

-

"Mamoru!"

Kana awoke in a cold sweat, gasping for breath as if she had been trapped underwater.  Her head was pounding and she didn't know where she was.  A chill crept down her spine as she drew in a long breath, trying to steady her rapid heartbeat.

She suddenly became aware of her surroundings.  She was in the comforting darkness of her room at Sunrise Residence.  She then became aware of the hot wet tears rolling down her cheeks and the strong comforting embrace of Ukyo.  He had been whispering comforting words to her, rocking her slowly.  Kana focused on her breathing, listening to Ukyo's soothing words.  Finally, she calmed down.

"Are you alright now?" Ukyo quietly asks.

Kana nods. "Yes, I'm fine.  Sorry, it was just a nightmare."  Kana didn't feel comfortable telling Ukyo what she was dreaming about- or, actually, remembering.  The only person who was aware of her past was her old friend Rintarou.  

Ukyo watched Kana's tense expression, his grip on her waist loosening. "Are you sure?"

Kana nodded again "Let's go back to sleep."

Ukyo's face heated up slightly as Kana laid back down.  How could I forget we were sleeping in the same bed?  Shaking his head, he laid back down, watching the rise and fall of Kana's body as he drifted off to sleep.

-

-

Kana woke up the next day to see that Ukyo was gone, and in his spot on the bed laid Koji.  Kana stroked the cat's black fur, sighing as she remembered what had happened last night.  She thought she had left her past behind her when she had moved here?  What happened to her to remember now?