Percy

I was walking through the woods trying to clear my head. My mother just told me my father, Poseidon, wanted me to go on a new quest. I am a demigod. Half mortal, half-god. I've known since I was 12 and had to go to the Underworld and confront Hades. (Back then I thought that was the most dangerous thing I would do... Boy was I wrong...)

My best friends, Grover and Beckendorf, went with me. Beckendorf died a few years ago right before the second Titan War. This new quest that I was supposed to go on wasn't the most dangerous. It was painless. I was supposed to go to fetch a demigod that Grover needed help finding. The only catch is I would miss my mom's birthday. This is the first time we've been together for a long time and now I have to leave again. It wasn't fair, but by now I should get used to the fact nothing is fair.

I needed to clear my head. I pulled out the pen and uncapped it and watched as it grew to full length.

"Woah cool!" I jumped back, and a girl was hanging upside-down from one of the tree branches. Her golden hair fell around her face and her grey eyes startled me.

"Who are you?" I snapped.

She shrugged, still hanging upside down, "Annabeth, who are you? Why do you have a sword? Are you going to cut down my hanging tree?"

"Uh, no. I'm Percy and what are you even doing?"

She flipped down from the tree and crossed her arms, "It's called a hanging tree for a reason. Dam, your brain really is full of seaweed isn't it?"

I capped my sword and it shrunk back into a pen and shoved it in my pocket, "That's ironic," I muttered under my breath, "You can't tell anyone about this," I look Annabeth right in the eyes.

She nodded and I couldn't tell if it was in agreement or denial but before I could ask she skipped away flipping her long, curly hair in my face. I sighed and rubbed my head and turned to go back home. My time for myself was high-jacked by a cute blonde and now I didn't have any extra time before I had to leave.