Annabeth

After lunch (and the E.R.) Leo and I ditched the rest of the school day. Piper was a goody-goody so she never ended up coming with us.

We were walking down the roads of New York together slowly, our arms looped together, "Can I talk to you about something?" Leo asked as we sat down at our favourite diner and ordered drinks.

"Of course," I said while pulling my hair into a new ponytail.

Leo took a deep breath, "It's Calypso. I... saw her."

"Where? When?" I was a little stunned but I tried my best not to let it show.

"When I was at the library."

I snorted, "You were at the library?" I was trying not to smile.

Leo glared at me, "Not the main topic here, Annie, dear," I said my apologies and he continued with a wave of his hand, "She tried to talk to me. She sounded so... different. She told me not to blame myself, she said that we could never be friends again because of it though. She said she never wanted to see me," a tear dropped from his face and into his coffee. Leo winced.

I tilted his chin up at me, "Leo... I'm so sorry. I know how hard it's been for you. She was your best friend. Despite what you think, even though you pressured her to go to that party, you didn't give her the sickness. Someone else did," I sighed as I pulled my hand away taking a sip of my coffee, "Blaming yourself isn't going to help. If she blames you and doesn't want to see you, that's her loss. You are amazing and you will always have Piper and me. As annoying as you can be, you aren't getting rid of us."

He blushed, "Thanks, Annie," he wiped the tears from his face and we got up. I pulled him into a hug and let him cry into my shoulder.

On the ride home, we were completely silent but when we got back to my apartment I made Leo's bed for him (he spent the night so often I had a trundle for him) and we were sitting in the living room watching Catching Up With the Kardashians when I finally told him everything about Percy.

"OMG! YOU MET A BOY! I knew this day would come!" He squealed.

"It's nothing! I'm more concerned about the fact I'm pretty sure he is a demigod too. Leo... Chiron said if we found anyone we should call him."

"True, but you said he was familiar. He probably just got to camp and you saw his face."

"Maybe. Camp has grown a lot lately..."

"Hey... You think he's cute, he's a half-blood, and you need a boyfriend—"

I raised my hand, "Woah, I don't date."

"You would if you didn't have your nose in a book all the time. You need to socialize... Just talk to him, and be nice. If all goes well, introduce me to him, if that goes well..." he paused, "Then he can meet Piper and the four of us will do something."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I ignored that comment and cuddled up to Leo laying my head on his chest. He was more my brother than my friend.

After watching about five hours of TV we finally went to bed and Leo convinced me to go back to the tree tomorrow to see Percy and I agreed. Why couldn't I just be an anti-social bookworm? I didn't remember falling asleep but I dreamt all night about what would happen tomorrow.