Annabeth

Sometimes I worry that Percy won't die from a monster, but from his temper. He is so protective and I love that about him, but he tends to say things without thinking through all the consequences. His anger would get the best of him.

Luke is gone. So is Piper. Percy caused an earthquake purely from his own emotions. That scares me. It reminds me of the time in Tartarus when he almost choked Misery with her own poison. Some things weren't meant to be controlled, I told him. I'm scared of what he might become if he doesn't get his emotions in check. He is smart. Very smart. He has outsmarted every opponent he has ever had... But that doesn't mean he is wise.

I walked back to the Athena cabin and collapsed onto my bunk. I didn't know what to even do. Percy wasn't in danger because of Luke or other Greek monsters, he was in danger because of his own mouth. I don't think he realises that the gods will kill him, and next time they won't let him just leave without punishment. They still might. I could wake up tomorrow and he could be a pile of ashes in his cabin. My heartbeat could easily stop shattering in the blink of an eye. He can't fucking see that and it terrifys me more than any mythological creature I've ever faced.

I heard the cabin door open. "Are you okay?" It was Will, his voice was soft like he had comforted people just seconds before.

"No," I whispered, biting back tears.

"He will be okay... Poseidon wouldn't let anything happen to him and he gave Percy a talking to." Will sat on my bed and helped me sit up so I could face him. "I know we technically aren't friends but I've been your doctor since you were seven and I'm the camp's therapist, so you can trust me if you want to talk. I can sense how scared you are," he said calmly.

"Stop sending me."

"It's not my fault!"

"Whatever. I don't confide in people. Especially not when I have

months of fake memories stock-piled in my brain." I turned my head away from him and crossed my arms.

"Why not?" He asked.

It was a fair question. How about because every time I do something bad happens so if I play it safe and don't trust most people then I will be safe. "People are imbeciles," I said.

"I'm not, and we both know that... I swear on River Styx that I won't repeat anything you tell me to anyone but you when we are alone." He looked almost... Broken. I wondered why.

I stayed silent for a minute before I replied. "Fine."

I explained everything to him. It felt good to pour my heart out to someone who literally couldn't say anything or... Well, let's just say some things are worse than death. He didn't interrupt or ask questions. I think he could tell I didn't want advice, and when I was done, he didn't give me any. He just hugged me and told me, "I can't promise that everything will turn out okay. I'm not going to tell you it will get better because we don't know that, but what I do is the strongest demigod of the decade is sitting on this bed, and it's certainly not me."

"Thanks, Will."

"Feel free to call me whenever you need help," He said with a nod and then left my cabin.

Later that day, I was at dinner. I was looking for Percy when Hazel came running in. "Annabeth! Come quick, you better hurry! Ohmygods I can't believe they really did it." She started fanning herself.

"Hazel what are you talking about? What's going on?"

"It's Percy. Annabeth... I'm so sorry."

I ran out of the dining pavilion and towards the Big House.

What the Hades happened to Percy. And that's when I saw it. I threw open the door and it flew off its hinges. I covered my mouth with my hand and screamed through my tears.

"I'm so sorry, Annabeth. We tried to prevent it as best as we could," Chiron told me.