Prologue

I had just gotten up on a peaceful Saturday morning. I pulled on some grey joggers and a You Me At Six hoodie. I grabbed my vans and my board and headed for the elevator. I was getting my shoes on my mother and father stepped out of the elevator.
He looked like he had some bad news and I could already tell that I did not like where this was going.

I clutched my board so hard I could feel the grip tape rubbing my skin. "Sweetheart we have to talk lets back in to the apartment." I did as they said and slowly sat my board next to door for a quick getaway if need be.

"Now Ana." I knew things were about to get rough because he had just called me by my nickname. "Your mother and I were have already told your brother and he's coping. Sweatheart, the company is relocating." I could not believe what I was hearing. "What do you mean relocating?" I really hope this just meant we were moving to Brooklyn. "We're relocating to Laguna Beach." and there it was. Most girls would be happy moving to California.

Then again most girls don't have anxiety like I do either. "Mom, Dad, you have to be joking. Nathaniel and I have friends here Mom. We both know the I don't do well with this whole new thing." My mother gave me the most sympathetic look she could muster and I knew that there was no turning back.

My whole world was crumbling and there was nothing I could do. I would be 40 hours and 2,780 miles away from my life.

So I want to know what you guys think!
xoxo Gaskarth&Barakat